PDA

View Full Version : shipping crates

AlanH
10-09-2009, 02:28 PM
There are several plywood shipping crates that are sitting in the hallway outside my office right now. They were used to bring in some large microscope assemblies. These are NICE, and re-useable and very well-made. sizes range from about 2 feet tall x 3 wide x 4 long to 4 feet tall x 4 wide by 7 long. All have blocks under them, so they're handle-able by a fork lift.

Anybody interested in one or more for SHTP 2010? Let me know ASAP.

BobJ
10-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi Alan,

Thanks for thinking of us. The closest crate to 4x4x4 (cube) would be great - a tad shorter rather than taller if there's a choice.

We need a volunteer to store it . . .

AlanH
10-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi Alan,

Thanks for thinking of us. The closest crate to 4x4x4 (cube) would be great - a tad shorter rather than taller if there's a choice.

We need a volunteer to store it . . .

Exactly. I can grab it and get it to my truck, but I'm not storing it here at my house until July. I figure these things are probably around for a week or so. I need to hear from a volunteer within that time period.

BobJ
10-12-2009, 09:16 AM
There are some of you who will want to ship over inflatables, delivery sails and other stuff that you don't want to carry aboard during the race. It is much more economical to do this in one large crate, but that means a whole Saturday getting together to build one.

Get it? A whole day of lost boat prep time, just before the race.

The R/C is not going to coordinate this stuff - the racers need to do it. So once again, a local needs to volunteer to pick up and store a 4x4x4 (approx.) crate from now until the week before the race. If no one steps up now, you'll have to get together and build one later.

AlanH
10-12-2009, 01:18 PM
One is now gone, another is opened but once opened I could see that they're made of 1/4 inch ply, so they wouldn't have been appropriate. There are two others that will be appropriate.

One is probably too small, the other is about right, though it's "long" and "short" compared to a 4 x 4 x 4 cube.

BobJ
10-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I've had an offer to store the crate but from a non-racer. This is a project that is by the racers and for the racers - we really need a racer to take charge of it and see it through.

Same on the rental house in Hanalei - but I'll post about that later.

AlanH
10-22-2009, 11:33 AM
They're unpacking this crate today. It will be gone by Friday so if y'all want it, I need to hear from someone by about noon, Friday, at the latest. Sooner, would be GOOD.

AlanH
10-23-2009, 04:22 PM
The crates got hauled away today, so...."Never Mind"!