PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a qualifying sail?

jakmang
11-03-2009, 09:07 PM
I will need a qualifying sail prior to June. Would anyone else be interested in a shakedown run sometime around early May depending on the weather? At this point, I am thinking of a LongPac style run 200 miles west and back, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks,
-jak

multihuler@aol.
12-25-2009, 05:51 PM
I will need a qualifying sail prior to June. Would anyone else be interested in a shakedown run sometime around early May depending on the weather? At this point, I am thinking of a LongPac style run 200 miles west and back, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks,
-jak

But I was going to sail south for insurance coverage. Contact Stephen Marcoe 775 827 2786

robtryon
12-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Adam Correa on the Folkboat Blue Moon and I were talking about doing an offshore jaunt in mid-jan or feb. We'd love more company. Maybe we could get together and talk about it before the 3 bridge fiasco skippers mtg.

Ragnar
12-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Come on down for the Guadalupe Island Race! 300nm downwind, 300nm back.

Got Huevos?

Whitall

ajgoldman
01-02-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm also doing a qualifying sail this spring. Maybe everyone interested in doing a 400 mile "port to port" (that's supposed to be funny from recent posts) can meet before the next SHTP seminar on January 18th? This is an edit from the last post.

We can swap dates, share ideas, maybe we’ll get lucky and have some overlap! Bob, if you’re around maybe you can join us to give us your thoughts as well.

How does this sound to everyone?

AJ

ronnie simpson
01-05-2010, 04:35 PM
I am planning to do my qualifying sail sometime between mid-February and mid-March. It will probably be a Longpac-style "west and back", but probably longer than 400 miles. Maybe 500-600.

caca cabeza
01-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Since you are planning in the February/March timeframe, pay particular attention to the weather patterns coming across the Pacific. It's not that uncommon in that time of the years to hae a series of storm that come along and whack you back to back to back. Usually by mid April they are gone.

It would be a pretty serious bad day to get slammed by the Pacific twice in a row.:)

brianb
02-10-2010, 12:09 AM
What are your plans for qual run. May have an interest in tagging along. Need to get out of work for a few days.

Brian

OTE=robtryon;2715]Adam Correa on the Folkboat Blue Moon and I were talking about doing an offshore jaunt in mid-jan or feb. We'd love more company. Maybe we could get together and talk about it before the 3 bridge fiasco skippers mtg.[/QUOTE]

Oceanslogic
02-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Hello Everyone...
I will be heading back to the East Coast for a few weeks...but when I get back...most likely first of March...hopefully earlier...I will start focusing in on a weather window for my qualifier. It would be great to get a few boats out there...I am going to be pretty flexible with my "Course". If the weather holds...a Longpac style jaunt sounds good...but if for some reason the weather turns while we are out there...I have no problem falling off and finishing somewhere down South...we will see...It would be great if some water-line challenged boats are in the fleet...if not...it will be fun sailing with you all out the Gate:)

Adam
s/v Blue Moon
"Turboed" International Folkboat #175 :)

ronnie simpson
02-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Adam,

Good to meet you last night. We're on about the same page then. I think that by early March, I should be ready for my qualifier sail, and will also start looking for a window. Maybe we'll end up leaving together, and can stay in touch while we're out there.

Ronnie

jakmang
03-06-2010, 11:53 AM
I am still planning a run west and back in late April or early May. If this fits your time line, please let me know. I should be back for the March meeting. We might have an informal discussion there.

-jak

jakmang
04-15-2010, 08:05 AM
I have one major project left. I could go on a cruise any time now. I'm not sure how many of you still need to make a run. Looks like another small system may come through on Monday or Tuesday. If you are interested, let me know and we can watch the weather together.

-jak