PDA

View Full Version : Moonduster Lost

BobJ
12-16-2009, 10:04 PM
I was very sorry to read in today's 'Lectronic Latitude that former SSS'er Wayne Meretsky lost his lovely S&S Custom 47 "Moonduster" in Fiji, due to a cyclone. He escaped with minor cuts and bruises as the boat was dragged across a reef.

If you see this Wayne, your SSS friends are thinking about you and are really glad you're safe.

Travieso
12-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Are you serious. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of Moonduster. Glad to hear Wayne is well.

Critter
12-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Yes, I saw that too. Very sad. All the best, Wayne.

moonduster
12-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, it's all a bit of a pisser. Neria and I are in New Zealand just now and keeping a pretty low profile.

Thanks to all for the kind words and thoughts.

My short term goal is to get a fairly comprehensive article done and put online - probably via Latitude 38. I'm answering questions in the Sailing Anarchy "Cruising" forum and will do the same here as appropriate.

Beyond that, the future is complete unclear. I think, on paper, that going from "boat person" to "homeless" is usually a step up, but it sure doesn't seem that way today.

More as it happens ...

Wayne

Phil MacFarlane
12-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Sorry to hear this news Wayne. I remember you racing Profligate around Turtle Bay, I will always remember that.

Best Wishes

Phil

Alchera
12-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Damn. That really sucks.