PDA

View Full Version : NEW PRODUCT: Steering Control Arm.

hlassen1
12-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Great for single-handed sailing.
The Commander Steering Control Arm provides skippers the opportunity to pilot their vessel from the port or starboard stern rail seats. The Commander is especially useful on longer passages and is an excellent backup accessory to a broken or wandering autopilot system. Visit www.steeringarm.com for additional details and ordering information.

hlassen1
04-19-2010, 08:41 AM
For those of you who have ordered or inquired about the Steering Control Arm could you let me know if having longer telescoping arm would be of interest to you? You can email me directly at steeringarm@cox.net.

markm
04-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Is this an advertisement? Are you owner the of the business?

hlassen1
04-19-2010, 12:05 PM
We are selling the Steering Control Arm so yes it is a business. I guess since you are asking this must be something that shouldn't be on the forum. If that is the case sorry for the posting and please go ahead and have it removed.
Jay

SSSForumAdmin
04-21-2010, 08:47 AM
There is nothing expressly forbidding advertising on the SSS forum.

We do not put advertising on the non-forum parts of SSS web site, other than paid sponsorship of the TransPac race on the TransPac web pages.

If you want to take the time to log into our forum and tell us about a product that might be good for short handed sailing, this is exactly the place to do it. If you're advertising something non-sailing related, I reserve the right to dump the forum posts.

the NEW PRODUCT: Steering Control Arm title made this post look a little more like an advertisement than just a forum entry about a steering control arm product people might be interested in using.

If I suddenly start getting a lot of product announcements that might dilute the for sale, rent or loan category on our forum, I'll setup a different category and move the posts. There are also several moderators of the forum that can keep things organized if needed.

Thanks for the info about the control arm. I took a look and thought it might be something useful, if I didn't already have a tiller and and an extension.

SSS Web Admin

hlassen1
04-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Appreciate your comments. I developed the Steering Arm because most of my sailing is single handed and I usually sail longer passages where I want to move away from my helm position and still be able to maintain control and make small corrections while underway. We are in an area with a lot of kelp, lobster traps, etc. and I like to be able to use my outboard stern seating because it offers me greater forward visibility. I have an autopilot system but it doesn't provide me the flexibility I was look for. Hope this provides a little more insight as to the benefits of the Steering Arm. And yes, basically a tiller extension for a wheel driven boat.