PDA

View Full Version : SSB + Tuner for sale

moonduster
12-16-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm selling my SGC2000 SSB and SGC 230 antenna tuner. This radio includes the remote head kit. Everything works really well and I've never had a problem with the radio. I used this radio for several years including some extended cruising in Mexico, Hawaii and Alaska. I was asked to be net controller for the Southbound Net due to the range and quality of audio. Seriously, this radio works great.

It's being replaced because this radio is not rated for continuous use at full power. This can be a problem with sail mail. Read the comments about sail mail and the SGC 2000 on the sailmail site. The SGC2000 is fully supported by sail mail software and can be interfaced easily. It's likely to work just fine at reduced power between the west coast and Hawaii.

I'm off to the south pacific and decided to not cut corners. If you want a radio for the SSS Transpac, this is your deal! I'm happy to talk through installation details including ground planes.

Radio, tuner, remote head kit, manuals, interface connectors can all be yours for just $800 or best offer. PM me for more information.

moonduster
12-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Happy to report that this radio has found a new home and should be racing to Hawaii soon!