PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Rules Update??? New Equipment??

Thom
12-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey, I'm "flush" with stuff I am sending back from Christmas...it'd be nice to know if I have to buy a PLB and if so, what specs it has to meet.

Ergo
12-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi Thom,

We're posting the final 2010 SSI and NOR on the site on January 4 but since you're such a mall rat and can't wait to get into Bloomy's for the big sale, I figured I'd better spare you the wait. There will be no EPIRB/PLB requirement for the regular 2010 SSS offshore races (HMB and Farallones). Go shopping, I think that's still the mainstay of our Homeland Security program.

Bill Merrick

Thom
12-29-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm gonna get a Laser Rangefinder with the $$. Thanks

Thom
12-29-2009, 12:04 PM
On a separate but related topic. I know we only have a couple dozen, can I be "first in line" to ask to rent one for the SHF?

Yah, it is slow at the office today :D

Any chance we'll use them in the inshore races with a "shorter ping period"?

brianb
12-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Is the club renting these and if so what are the rates/rules ?

I have an interest in racing to Guadalupe in March and wouldn't mind having the xponder on board so friends/family can track.

Brian

On a separate but related topic. I know we only have a couple dozen, can I be "first in line" to ask to rent one for the SHF?

Yah, it is slow at the office today :D

Any chance we'll use them in the inshore races with a "shorter ping period"?

Ergo
12-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the interest. We're in the process of setting up a rental policy/cost for the transponders. They aren't plug and play and need to have a site set up for each use in order for folks to be able to log in and track boats. I'm not the techy who is looking into this but, I think setting up the system for just a few boats might be cost prohibitive. We'll have it figured out early next month.

Bill Merrick