PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks from Channel 68

Lucie Mewes
01-31-2010, 04:33 PM
Ahhh. At 10 PM I finally crossed the Bay Bridge to my daughter's birthday party. Gave me plenty of time to reflect on how great it was to help with the Three Bridge Fiasco doing Channel 68 check-in's and the day's Channel 69 traffic.

I really appreciated the racers' patience, courtesy and helpfulness in checking in the 180 even entries on 68. The challenges of adjusting squelch to receive from so many types of radios is unbelievable. The relays were great. I'm sure many of you remember how hard it was for me to check in on Mirage when I raced! Beleive it or not, I was listening to two radios to pick up the transmissions!

At the end of the day we had just 8 or so entries unaccounted for, and I see in the forum that some were clearly sailing. When the preliminary results are posted you can always help clarify for the committee. Don't forget that the penalties for not calling in your retirement or withdrawal are great!

I do want to apologize to one particular entrant for a comment made at the boat's retirement. You know who you are: please collect in person at the trophy meeting on the 10th.

I'm looking forward to more race deck time this season as Mirage sails a winning season...

Lucie

Sailfish
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Lucie-- you were great. The perfect radio host (Howard Stern you're not). Thanks.

Lee
Sailfish 28887
(and thanks to Rob on Tiger Beeltle for the radio relay.)

Ahhh. At 10 PM I finally crossed the Bay Bridge to my daughter's birthday party. Gave me plenty of time to reflect on how great it was to help with the Three Bridge Fiasco doing Channel 68 check-in's and the day's Channel 69 traffic.

I really appreciated the racers' patience, courtesy and helpfulness in checking in the 180 even entries on 68. The challenges of adjusting squelch to receive from so many types of radios is unbelievable. The relays were great. I'm sure many of you remember how hard it was for me to check in on Mirage when I raced! Beleive it or not, I was listening to two radios to pick up the transmissions!

At the end of the day we had just 8 or so entries unaccounted for, and I see in the forum that some were clearly sailing. When the preliminary results are posted you can always help clarify for the committee. Don't forget that the penalties for not calling in your retirement or withdrawal are great!

I do want to apologize to one particular entrant for a comment made at the boat's retirement. You know who you are: please collect in person at the trophy meeting on the 10th.

I'm looking forward to more race deck time this season as Mirage sails a winning season...

Lucie