PDA

View Full Version : Big Thanks to Fiasco Volunteers

Tchoupitoulas
02-03-2010, 11:32 AM
As we zero in on final results I want to thank all the volunteers who spent a long day on the race deck of the Golden Gate Yacht Club. We wouldn't be racing without them.
Christine Weaver
Lucie Mewes
Pam Canales
Mark Deppe
Anya Gardiner
Dan Hayes
Alan Hebert
Mike Meloy
Jim Murphy
Jacqueline Philpott
Steve Sarsfield
Sandor Schoichet
FJ Bolger
Bill Charon
Jim Murphy
Steve Hill

Jonathan Gutoff (Race Chair)
Scott Prusso (Race Chair)
Stephen Buckingham (PRO)

Wylieguy
02-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey SSS Race Folks, A great big thanks from Michael and myself for what you did for us on Saturday. From the water side of things I think it was a superb job! I want to especially commend the radio voices. They were clear, understandable, and informed. I know the rest of the crew were doing their jobs equally well, but it's those radio voices us racers hear. And, I want to thank the GGYC for letting the SSS use its race deck for about the umpteenth year. The GGYC is one of the real major assets we sailboat racers have and we should go out of our way to thank them.
Pat Broderick "NANCY" Wyliecat 30 #28890

Philpott
02-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Well, I had never participated in a race committee before, and so this was all new to me. Throw in 359 boats and it seemed like it would be quite a party. Looking out over the vast parking space that was the start, I was so very impressed by the calm people both on the water and around me. I guess we could afford to be calm - our boats weren't down there! Had there been wind, we might not all have been so calm. Yet we heard no screams, few curses and not one loud CRUNCH. Amazing. No one fell off a boat, people were having a wonderful time, and the sun came out just as those pesky swimmers leaped into the water. My favorite part was hearing sailors' voices @ the end of the evening as they approached the finish - they sounded like delighted children. Great fun. Thanks for the experience, everybody. Jackie

Travieso
02-03-2010, 11:32 PM
We had a great day on the water. Thanks to all the RC volunteers for allowing us to race.

Ergo
02-04-2010, 09:18 AM
My thanks also to the race deck - a really amazing job. I wish we could give you more than hats.

Special thanks also to the SSS board all did massive work behind the scenes getting the registrations and paperwork done.

Not to be overlooked, thanks to the racers who exemplified real Corinthian spirit in navigating a very congested race course with little yelling and few tantrums.

Bill Merrick
SSS Commodore

BobJ
02-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Since my boat is in the shop I wasn't able to race this year, but I've enjoyed participating vicariously.

The positive vibe of the 3BF, especially this year, has been tremendous. Kudos and big thanks to the long list above, especially Stephen, Jonathan and Scott, to John F and the other guys on the board.

400 next year? (I heard those groans!)

02-05-2010, 08:49 AM
I want to add my thanks to those expressed by other racers for the great job the race committee did in coordinating all this chaos, and also to those who submitted photos. The one of Horizon taken from the race deck is a real beauty!

And if I sounded a little overly cheerful when I called in about 4:00 to withdraw, I can only say in my defense that, after the long slog upstream through Raccoon Strait, it was exhilarating to finally have the wind on my beam and the current behind me as I turned to head home.

All-in-all it was a beautiful day on the water!

Thank you all!
I28 Horizon

Lucie Mewes
02-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Whiner plea: It's Luc - I - E, not that crazy redhead's spelling. Puh-leeze?

Thank you!

jfoster
02-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Whiner plea: It's Luc - I - E, not that crazy redhead's spelling. Puh-leeze?

Thank you!

And here all this time I thought it was Loosee (grin)

Tchoupitoulas
02-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Fixed. Sorry LucIE.