PDA

View Full Version : Corinthian 2010 Race Signups Online

SSSForumAdmin
02-16-2010, 10:33 AM
The 2010 Corinthian race signups are now setup online.

You can get there from this link: https://event-manager.compete-at.com/Manager/event/home.do?eid=2377

SSSForumAdmin
04-02-2010, 08:27 AM
We now have 68 entries for the 2010 SSS Corinthian Race. Last years race had over 120 entries. There will probably be a few more entries between now and the race registration deadline April 7th.

The skippers meeting is April 7th, 7:30p.m., at the Oakland Yacht Club.

Philpott
04-04-2010, 12:42 PM
I'll be coming to the skippers meeting; does anyone intend to sail over to Tiburon the day before the race or do people generally motor over the morning of? I'm in Berkeley and the idea of motoring over with my little 2.5 Suzuki motor has little appeal. My understanding is that some sailors plan to raft their boats @ the Corinthian Saturday night. Given the winds in the Marina District on April 10 during the least few years (35/40; 25/29 and 30/37 respectively), I think I'll be real tired at the end of the day. Any advice would be appreciated. Jackie Philpott,

Travieso
04-05-2010, 12:50 PM
In the past a few of us have gathered at Corinthian the night before the race. Make sure you make arrangements with the club ahead of time. Avoid staying out too late at Sams. I've heard stories of folks having to jump the fence to get back to their boats....

People to also tend to raft up briefly after the race, but it mostly depends on what time you finish.

For this race I pick up my crew at Tiburon to save him the drive from Marin to Alameda, so I have mandatory stops before and after the race. It is not likely that I will go Friday night this year so I too have a long motor on Sat morning.