PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Explorer Question(s)

Wylieguy
03-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Hey Navigators, Michael Andrews, Gordie Nash, and I are sailing the PacCup on "NANCY" and we plan to use Coastal Explorer for navigation. But we need help! A tutorial! We'll spring for dinner at the Encinal YC in return for some help understanding how to best use the program. We'll coordinate dinner arrangements and tutorial time with any volunteer(s). Hawaii is out to the West somewhere, isn't it?
Pat Broderic "NANCY"

BobJ
03-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Rob (Tiger Beetle) is your man. I haven't known him to turn down free food.

tiger beetle
03-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi Pat -

I have Coastal Explorer running on board, connected to the SR162 two channel AIS unit and displaying the data on a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop.

I'd be more than happy to help you out in any way possible. What would you like to know?

- rob

Hey Navigators, Michael Andrews, Gordie Nash, and I are sailing the PacCup on "NANCY" and we plan to use Coastal Explorer for navigation. But we need help! A tutorial! We'll spring for dinner at the Encinal YC in return for some help understanding how to best use the program. We'll coordinate dinner arrangements and tutorial time with any volunteer(s). Hawaii is out to the West somewhere, isn't it?
Pat Broderic "NANCY"