PDA

View Full Version : Corinthian race

PSutchek
04-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Lets hear it for the SSS and the race commitee ! ( aplause ! ! )

It was a wonderful day with a lot to contend with at times , Hey at least there was wind ! !

Does any body have pictures ? How is Blueberry ? I hope she is healing well after the equipment malfuction after the start ... and any word on Tinker ? U see I did loose track of everybody during the race.

-Paul

Travieso
04-11-2010, 07:35 PM
http://jetstreamracing.blogspot.com/2010/04/2010-sss-corinthian.html

And thanks to Jonathan, Christine and company for handling the chaos...

Matt
04-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Went on the outside of Alcatraz on the way to BR and lost a few minutes. Stayed reefed, lost a few more minutes. Refused to fly the kite from Blackaller to S. Shoals since my autopilot was swamped and lost a few more minutes. In other words, I played it safe and made it rather than pushing the limits and breaking something. Having recently replaced the head stay and halyards, Saturday's wind was a good test on the rigging.

I did have a good competition with Star Kissed on the way back from S. Shoals. We were neck and neck at the finish.

My plan was to follow Can O' Wopass but that plan went away quickly after one of my jib sheets went flying at the start.

Great fun pre-storm sailing on Saturday. 12 hours sailing and I didn't need to motor getting to the race or getting back.

Thanks to Jonathan, Scott, Christine, Julie and everyone else on the race deck.

Jonathan Gutoff
04-13-2010, 04:21 PM
And thanks to Scott who showed up 4 days after rotator cuff surgery.
The whole race deck crew did a fantastic job as we were shorthanded. (But it is the SSS.) And we posted a story on http://norcalsailing.com/

Eyrie
04-16-2010, 12:11 AM
How come I can't find the results posted on complete-at.com? I've tried 3 different browsers and the results page comes up empty. Just 'cause I had to drop out with a broken traveler before I even started doesn't mean I don't care how everyone else did. :p
Maybe someone could post them on the sss web site?

Synthia/Eyrie

BobJ
04-16-2010, 07:42 AM
'Zia,

The results links on the SSS Home Page will get you there (below the famous Belt Buckle - scroll down).

No comment on the Compete-At deal . . .

BobE