PDA

View Full Version : 406 Epirb For Sale

Oceanslogic
06-01-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm selling my 406 Epirb that is in good shape...just needs a new battery and antenna...I recently purchased a PLB and have no need for the larger unit anymore...$100

Thanks
Adam
415 845 6309

jfoster
08-01-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm selling my 406 Epirb that is in good shape...just needs a new battery and antenna...I recently purchased a PLB and have no need for the larger unit anymore...$100
Thanks
Adam 415 845 6309

I saw Adam the other day. He explained that the cost of his new PLB was less than the cost of refurbishing his EPIRB, and that in any case the EPIRB has now been sold.

My own choice for a PLB is the McMurdo FastFind 210 GPS Personal Location Beacon, available locally from Major chains such as REI and West Marine, as well as smaller and very competitive and knowledgeable dealers.

Both chains have low on line prices, with free ground shipping if you have your unit sent to their store. There are slight differences in price matching, rebate plans, and in store pricing policies between the two.

There are, of course other excellent PLBs such as those offered by ACR. A review of all the possible models and sources is beyond the scope of this reply.

I bought the FastFind 210. Your choice may vary.

John Foster
SSS Race Info Officer 2010-2011 ( trying to encourage more entrants to the Half Moon Bay Race)...(grin)....