PDA

View Full Version : new to gps coordinates

Philpott
09-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Last Friday night off the Berkeley marina made me REALLY appreciate my $79 Horizon handheld GPS. The fog was so thick that I only glimpsed three ghost boats during the whole race out to Olympic D and back.

Needless to say, I want to get the coordinates right in case the South Beach Saturday is foggy. In the instructions the NAS Alameda channel mark to round is "R2" Fl R 4 s.

On the chart there is a "R2" Fl R 2.5s and a "R4" Fl R 4 s, but I cannot find "R2" Fl R 4 s.

So, which to round? In a Cal 20 I'm usually way behind you all, so I want to make sure I circle the correct mark. Please advise. Jackie Philpott, Dura Mater.

Critter
09-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Jackie,

It appears that you're looking at the channel markers for the Oakland harbor and Estuary. The NAS channel is on the south side (outside) of Alameda. #2 is off the southwest corner of the island.

See you out there,
Max

Philpott
09-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Max
thank you!

jfoster
09-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Jackie,

It appears that you're looking at the channel markers for the Oakland harbor and Estuary. The NAS channel is on the south side (outside) of Alameda. #2 is off the southwest corner of the island.

See you out there,
Max

Click this Link (https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4bcTJapm8CuNDlkMWU4MGQtNjJjOC00OWM5LTk4N mMtMmM3YjdmYzZjNzJm&hl=en&authkey=CLyL67QN) to see what Max means

John of Blueberry