PDA

View Full Version : Fiasco Video

Jonathan Gutoff
01-28-2011, 07:07 PM
The folks at http://norcalsailing.com/ have requested video from the boats in the Fiasco. If you have one of them fancy smart phones that can send a video email (or pics) route them to video@norcalsailing.com and they will be posted during the race. Commentary of how the race is going (good or bad) is much appreciated. They will also be streaming live video of the start for all those at home.

Philpott
01-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Well, Dura Mater retired early. There we were, right behind Blueberry and her standing master, when the ebb just swept us out the gate. Sideways toward the south tower very swiftly until I decided that a bit of control was better than none, and headed - not down wind, but with the ebb. Since I would have had to disqualify myself by using the engine to get back into the bay, I decided to enjoy my first trip outside the bay. In a heartbeat we were at Lands End. Yikes. Those waves are different out there. Bigger. Broader. And then, much much more sky. What a fiasco.

Thank you so much, race committee, for your endless patience with everyone all day long.