PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Tiller Steering system with gyro

Submarino
03-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Anyone interested in selling their used tiller pilot system. I'm looking for X5 pilot tiller. Thanks!

Wylieguy
03-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Check out Defender Industries. They're offering the X-5 for $667 + shipping. It's the lowest price I've seen. <defender.com>
Pat Broderick (who paid more for his!)

Critter
03-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Check out Defender Industries. They're offering the X-5 for $667 + shipping. It's the lowest price I've seen. <defender.com>
Pat Broderick (who paid more for his!)
Yow! Maybe I'll buy another one!

BobJ
03-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Defender's $667 is without the control head, which you'll need. But it's still a great deal at $922 with the control head. (I paid more than that too Pat.)

Sub, this is your primary piece of gear for singlehanding. Even if you can find a used one in pristine condition (and I haven't seen any used X-5's), it won't be enough cheaper than these prices to make up for not having a new unit with a warranty.

IMHO of course.

Submarino
04-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks All for the advice! I decided to buy a new one locally at West Marine. Even got the extended warranty for the unfortunate accidents. Now, I just have to install it. Looking forward to joining you guys downwind and doing headsail changes now.

For those who have a remote, how do you like it?

For those who don't have a remote, what's the contingency plan when being dragged through the water?

Submarino