PDA

View Full Version : Moores for Corinthians?

talonf4u
02-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Moore folks, do we typically fleet for the Corinthians race? I haven't got a PHRF cert and suppose I ought to get one if we don't fleet. Bring 'em out! Probably going to do this one DH with the wife.

todd22123
02-19-2012, 09:14 PM
I have an Express 27, so I know the answer to this one.

From the SSI:

11. HANDICAP
a. Except as noted below, each monohulled boat must submit a current Northern California PHRF certificate issued by
Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay, 415-771-9500, http://yra.org.
i. Boats belonging to organized one-design fleets, conforming to the class rules, do not require a certificate. They will
be scored with the one-design NCPHRF rating.

So if your Moore 24 conforms to the class rules, you will not require a certificate.

Also from the SSI, if 5 or more DH Moore 24's enter, then there will be a separate class but not a separate start.

Recommend read the SSI's carefully, because there are some restricted areas that are not that dangerous, but they are restricted. One is very close to the start of the Corinthian Race.

Todd
Express 27 Thumper

Philpott
02-19-2012, 09:18 PM
good idea to read even more carefully than Thumper. That is no longer a restricted area.

todd22123
02-19-2012, 10:22 PM
thank you Jackie. I now see that for 2012 (compared to 2011), Buoy G "3" marking Peninsula point is no longer restricted.

Out of curiosity, and not because I want to change anything, what was the reason for the change?

Thanks,
Todd

ronnie simpson
02-19-2012, 10:43 PM
talon4u,

Moore 24's do not include the Corinthian Race as part of their series, so Moore participation isn't very high, based on past results.

I will be there singlehanded, and "Sunshine" is usually there.

Do the race! It should be fun...

Ronnie Simpson
Moore 24 "US 101"

Critter
03-06-2012, 10:00 AM
... Buoy G "3" marking Peninsula point is no longer restricted.

Out of curiosity, and not because I want to change anything, what was the reason for the change?

Todd - Corinthian YC does not restrict G "3" in their races, and we're trying to make our courses more consistent with the rest of the world. By the same reasoning, G "3" in Mare Island Strait is no longer a mark in the Vallejo 1-2, because it's not a mark in the crewed Vallejo race.

Max