PDA

View Full Version : midwest singlehand racing

rick no worries
05-29-2012, 05:47 PM
hello from the ozarks, i own a 27 ft newport "no worries" and keep it at stockton lake here in missouri. currently crew on an ericson 33 in local yacht club series and have begun to participate singlehand with the newport in a relaxed racing series the yacht club also does. my question for group is how to go about promoting singlehand racing. any comments, thoughts, ideas, on the subject are greatly appreciated. thanks in advance rick cantrell

brianb
05-30-2012, 02:29 PM
hello from the ozarks, i own a 27 ft newport "no worries" and keep it at stockton lake here in missouri. currently crew on an ericson 33 in local yacht club series and have begun to participate singlehand with the newport in a relaxed racing series the yacht club also does. my question for group is how to go about promoting singlehand racing. any comments, thoughts, ideas, on the subject are greatly appreciated. thanks in advance rick cantrell

Rick,

Welcome to the site. You might want to start with a seminar that includes details on safety gear and autopilots, and emphasize how many fewer sandwiches are necessary in a days event.

The crowd here will be very helpful. You may want to read through the forum notes for ideas.

No worries,
Brian