PDA

View Full Version : SSS team in Pacific Cup

Philpott
07-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Temerity, Medusa and Lightspeed, whose skippers are all SSS members, are competing for the team trophy in the Pacific Cup. This from Lew, tactician (or navigator, I forget) on Jay Spalding's Medusa. Dunno when this has happened before.

pogen
08-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Team SSS placed 2nd in the Pac Cup team competition, behind Richmond 1. Scoring was per a complicated points system that took into account placement in Division as well as number of boats in Division. Sorry to say our 4/5 showing cost us the win, but the Richmond team was very strong! The SSS Team entry was a last minute thing, I had suggested it on S/A, and Lew pulled it together at the Skippers Meeting. Oh well, better luck next time. Hardly any (like maybe just me?) Pac Cup skippers list SSS as their primary YC affiliation.

=============

Team Trophy – Richmond Yacht Club’s team of Sapphire, California Condor, and Moonshine, with 237 points out of a theoretical possible of 297. (50 points possible for Division first, and 50 for Fleet first for each of three boats from a single club). Second place was team SSS (Temerity, Lightspeed, Medusa) with 218 points, followed by RYC 2 (Tiki Blue, Split Water, and ET) with 208.

more random Pac Cup News: Special Trophies Awarded at Cheerful Awards Gala (http://pacificcup.org/news/04aug2012)

lew143eps
08-14-2012, 02:24 PM
I still don't know what to make of the scoring for the Pacific Cup team trophy that gave RYC the win--since it wasn't published in the NOR/SI but had some cryptic stuff you posted above. anyway, SSS scored (in classes) 1-3-4 for 8 points. the richmond team scored 1-1-8 for 9 points. So Temerity didn't cost us the win, in fact, congrats on your "Best prepared" Trophy. Agree with Pogen that Richmond yacht club had a great team, in fact, they fielded 2 teams. SSS representing.