PDA

View Full Version : Raymarine 2000+ unused for sale

brianb
08-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Hi All,

Having just finished sailing the Great Pacific High Single Handed Regatta (AKA Single Handed Transpac + return) I have an ST 2000+ purchased June 25th as a 4th back up for the race. It is in the box and has never been used. The box is a bit scrunched due to the stress experienced on the packaging after 32 days at sea. I would like to get the price shown on the receipt minus tax and $50.00 for the unit. The warranty is still active (WM's local warranty is 90 days).

Let me know if you have an interest.

Regards,

Brian BOschma S/V Red Sky.

hodgmo
08-21-2012, 06:16 AM
Welcome home Brian.
Steve
S/V FROLIC

brianb
08-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks Steve,

Quite the solo tour of the Pacific. I am retitling my summer, "The Great Pacific High Regatta". Weather going home was odd. People behind me got in a low that moved north from Kauai and were running downwind due N in 25 kt winds, meanwhile those of us near the top of the high were bobbing around a bit watching as the low swept everyone along. I managed to get into a great gale with broadside seas for two days, what fun. In all however I used only a few gallons of fuel, only motoring about 10 hours. The fuel load I added to the boat is still tied on deck. I will send you an email shortly.

Regards,

Brian

Welcome home Brian.
Steve
S/V FROLIC

Philpott
08-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Oh, c'mon, Brian. Let us all read your emails! I would personally really like (love) to read any logs you have, everything about your experience sailing there and back, your thoughts about the other sailors and the boats and waves and flying fish .. everything. And Welcome Home. It's great that you had a fine time and came back safe. Is the gale with broadside seas the same one Daniel Wiley wrote about? If it made him nervous in Galaxsea, I'm thinking you didn't really find it "fun", did you? The thought petrifies me. Holy cow. I might heave to and sleep like Randy Leisure did that time. ps I just bought a Simrad tiller pilot, otherwise I might have bought yours.

brianb
08-22-2012, 09:29 AM
I would let you read all my email but the forum won't allow me enough space to even post the photos !

Yes, logs are on paper and soon I will capture something about this 32 day sail.

BB

Oh, c'mon, Brian. Let us all read your emails! I would personally really like (love) to read any logs you have, everything about your experience sailing there and back, your thoughts about the other sailors and the boats and waves and flying fish .. everything. And Welcome Home. It's great that you had a fine time and came back safe. Is the gale with broadside seas the same one Daniel Wiley wrote about? If it made him nervous in Galaxsea, I'm thinking you didn't really find it "fun", did you? The thought petrifies me. Holy cow. I might heave to and sleep like Randy Leisure did that time. ps I just bought a Simrad tiller pilot, otherwise I might have bought yours.