PDA

View Full Version : moore 24 us 101 for sale. lying in hawaii. $22,500 fully equipped for transpac

ronnie simpson
11-08-2012, 01:13 PM
don't have time to write a long ad, but my moore is for sale.

hull #101. $42,000 invested in 2012 alone, in addition to price of boat. 2012 SHTP class winner, DH farallones overall winner, kauai channel 3rd place, oyra lightbucket 3rd place. the boat rocks. have seen 18.2 and reeled off consecutive 180+ days offshore. super fast and compettitve boat.

6 year old ballenger mast

new in 2012:

carbon spin pole

full set new quantum racing sails. new right before transpac. laminate main w/2 reef points, #1, #3, #4, reaching kite, running kite. spare quantum running kite 2008

all new halyards all high tech, stripped, spliced, tylaskas on eerything

all new deck hardware, cam cleats, clutches, etc
new rudder from moore
new ballenger boom
ssb
epirb
vhf
ais
gps (2)
2 lithium batteries
battery monitor
lightweight solar panels

$10k B and G H3000 hydraulic autopilot with all instruments. rudder reference sensor stopped working probably due to shitty install

X5 with ram

ST 2000 backup back up (2010)

winslow 31 lb life raft

literally every conceivable thing you can do to a moore.

moving to france, must sell.

lying nawiliwili, kauai.

yes i may be intersted in parting the cool stuff out.

$22,500 with everything. otherwise i'll take off some offshore gear and sell for $12k or strip back to stock moore and sell for $8k or somthing

this boat won a lot of races in 2012

email rsimpson48 at yahoo dot com

google for pics and videos and stuff. or check out my website www.openbluehorizon.com

boat will include full set of competitive and decent practice/ delivery sails. trailer maybe available but in Cali.

talonf4u
11-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Ronnie, you're hurting my plans for a Moore OD fleet in the next race.

ronnie simpson
11-11-2012, 02:53 AM
moore OD fleet was supposed to be '12 until cookie jar and the other one backed out... this could be a very good opportunity for you to equip your moore really well for roughly 50% off retail on gear. let me know which pieces of kit you want. moving to france. need money.

BobJ
11-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Do you have a plan for getting some or all of this back to the West Coast? (Affects the desireability.)

JohnS
11-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Ronnie, I have an interest in the ssb, if you can address the location/shipping issue and are interested in selling seperately.

ronnie simpson
11-16-2012, 06:44 PM
yes Bob, I am going to be able to ship stuff back. I plan to strip the boat of gear and ship it all back in one crate like Adrian did to Hawaii this year. Should be most cost effective way. I will likely be stripping the boat to a stripped out buoy boat.

John5, Radio is an ICOM M802 with AT 140 auto tuner and Pactor 3 modem. Used in two SHTP's with good results.

Please email me at rsimpson48 at yahoo dot com if you have specific questions.

Thanks