PDA

View Full Version : Headliner in my boat

Philpott
11-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Hey, Tiger Beetle/Rob
Remember our conversation about your antipathy toward headliners? Well, I peeked under my vinyl headliner and (eeeckkk!) it is disgustingly mildewed. So, today I practiced taking it all down by hacking all the shrubbery in my yard. That was satisfying, and tomorrow I'm going to rip out all that nasty naugahyde headliner in Dura Mater. The question remains: what paint to use, if any? Anyone else have any suggestions?

AlanH
11-14-2012, 02:03 PM
I removed all the glue'd-on stuff in the forepeak and quarterberths of my Santana 3030 many moons ago, and considering the mildew problem, I painted it semigloss white with "Killz"...which is an interior paint that contains an anti-mildewing agent. However, there are powders out there, which can be bought and added to pretty much any latex paint, and maybe oil-based as well, which will do much the same trick. So you have lots of choices.

Philpott
11-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks, Alan. I ripped out half my ceiling and feel better already. Luckily it wasn't glued down, just disgusting. I saw Kilz at Home Depot.