Conversation Between brianb and Mark K

2 Visitor Messages

1. Hi Brian,

I'd be happy to help in any way I can to get you down here. We're hoping for a good turn-out this year. So far I know of at least 9 boats planning to race, and several more interested. Several folks down here are gearing up and using the Guadalupe Island race as a qualifier for the SHTP (Horizon & Slacker) and the Pac Cup (Prankster, Thriller & Bullitt). In 2008, the fleet was decimated by rough weather at the start leading to gear malfunctions. Runaway was the only boat to finish that year in what turned out to be a painful light-air finish.

I have a write-up that Frank Ross did on the race a few years ago. I'll forward it to you. One of the memebers did quite an exhaustive statistical analysis of the buoy readings a few years ago. I'll see if I can find that as well. There might be some write-ups on the conditions of previous years in the old archive PSSA SOLO newsletters (on the website).

- Mark
  2. Hello Mark,

Thanks for response. Any info you can forward would be appreciated. I have been considering this race. Weather in past years, per buoy reports, seems pretty light, although I am well aware of conditions beyond Conception.
    I may get my act together for this event but logistics from here are a stretch.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2