Thread: Alberg 30 'Dolce' For Sale - ready to go for 2014 SHTP- lying Seattle

Default Alberg 30 'Dolce' For Sale - ready to go for 2014 SHTP- lying Seattle

Price reduced to $24,950 OBO!!

Alberg 30, hull number 318.

The boat was set up for the 2012 SHTP, but I ran out of wind off Cape Flattery then headed by southerly's enroute to the start line last June and couldn't make the race. So next summer I am sailing a 25' teak Vertue from Azores to UK, then cycling through Spain to Morocco and back to UK, and have decided to put the boat up for sale.

I've completely refit Dolce over the past few years. Every system is new or renewed since 2008: new Cap Horn Windvane (2012), new standing and running rigging in 2009 some again this year, 2010 North cruising mainsail with three reef points, halyards and reefing lines led to cockpit, 2010 North 140% Genoa, good to excellent working jyb, good cndition 110 lapper, excellent condition 130 Pinneapple Genoa for twin downwind jyb with the North 140, (2012) North storm jyb, .75 and 1.5 oz spinnakers, harken roller furling new in 2010, removable solent stay for storm jyb and twin downwind jyb configuration (2012), stalok fittings all standing rigging, new 2012 five sheeve masthead, spreader/mast reinforcement, double life lines with 24" ss stanchions (2010), Garmin GPS chart plotter/depth sounder, AIS transponder with antenna splitter, two VHF one with AIS receiver(2012), separate antennas, older Icom 700 SSB, all new marine grade wiring, new interior with new cushions and new paint and varnish down below and topsides, all bulkheads and interior deck to cabin joints reinforced with five ply FG mat and roving, new purpleheart below deck sawn 4" x 6" mast compression beam, new 4" mahogany bulwarks with teak caprails, new teak hatches, new cockpit with water tight 19" x 22" hatch to access rear of engine, new battery compartment below cockpit floor, 600 hrs on 30 hp universal diesel, recent SS wet exhaust manifold (2010) muffler and exhaust hose, two new solar panels and AGM batteries, structural upgrades for ocean service throughout, epirb, 15 Kg Rockna Anchor and 200' 5/16 chain (2012). Rudder rebuilt 2008, with new 1" aluminum bronze rudder shaft. new bottom 2012 ( Interlux Trinadad 3 year hard antifouling paint). etc, etc, etc. Three New fresh water tanks! 52 gal total capacity. just refitted new holding tank and replaced all plumbing (March, 2013) The only thing the boat really needs is a new(er) SSB, although the existing M700 works fine.

Have lowered price to $24,950 or OBO. All offers considered. Basically the boat is in new, turn key condition.

Three boats in this class have completed single handed circumnavigations and many ocean crossings - Yves Galinas, creator of the Cap Horn Windvane, aboard Jean-du-Sud circa 1978 ( prototype vessel for which Yves developed the Windvane), Kirk Little, aboard Salsa, 2005- 2012, and Canadian Paul Vitton, aboard Rough Bounds, who is somewhere past Cape of Good Hope in the South Atlantic homeward bound to Montreal at the moment. Also there is a very active Alberg 30 listserve on the web whose participants provide a wealth of mutual email support for repair and maintenance issues...

This is a wonderful little vessel whose stewardship I would like to pass on to good hands.

Name:  Dolce at Lopex Island.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  100.0 KB Name:  Cockpit organization wing n wing1.jpg
Views: 1672
Size:  97.3 KB Name:  Bulkhead mounted compass.jpg
Views: 1178
Size:  74.5 KB Name:  new hatch.jpg
Views: 1198
Size:  90.3 KB

Name:  haulout stbd side fwd.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  84.1 KB

My offlist contact info is: brooks.glenn@comcast.net, or feel free to call my cell at 206.790.8711.

Thanks much,
    Glenn Brooks
    Last edited by glennp; 04-03-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Lower price!!!