Thread: $10,000 free work to a singlehanded sailor who wants a Moore 24

Default $10,000 free work to a singlehanded sailor who wants a Moore 24

Dear Singlehanders:

I love the Moore for singlehanding, but wanted a little more room as I am planning to double hand the Pac Cup in 2014 rather than singlehanding so am going another route.

I have over $10,000 in purchase costs for #66 including all new removable trailer parts, new outboard with 20 hrs. The boat has been stripped of hardware, all hardware mounting holes filled and faired, a new carbon underdeck hatch installed, toerail removed, and added solid toerails added forward to meet the offshore racing requirements. The rig is sound, boom is a Ballenger heavy section with lightening holes, full set of sails (laminate #'s 1, 2 3, and Dacron 4 and SC Main also Dacron in good shape. Two kites, one good, one fair. Mast step plywood was still sound, but was replaced with G10. She has a full set of stanchions (18" above deck), stern and bow pulpits, and a new Blue Sea 8-position distribution panel fitted. Basically, she is ready for hardware selection, and painting.

She is now at Elkhorn Composites being painted. She will make an excellent boat for either singlehanding or modifying for one design with floating leads and all the other enhancements for speed. Price negotiable.

John McDonald Seven Seven Five 742-0078.
    Last edited by JAMcDonald; 03-31-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Added information