Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corinthian 2013 PHOTOS

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Default Corinthian 2013 PHOTOS

Hi All,

Well I am manning up and Singlehanding the upcoming Corinthian race (usually I doublehand). So be warned, and keep your distance!

I thought I might head over to CYC on Friday and spend the night -- it's a long grind from Alameda -- but I am not a member of any other YC other than SSS so I don't know if this is possible. I seem to recall seeing something about it being OK, but now can't find that anywhere, and perhaps I am confusing our race with some other event.

Does anyone know, or can advise?

Thanks

David
    Last edited by BobJ; 03-18-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Don't forget the meeting tonight, Oakland Yacht Club at 7:30. We'll be discussing the Corinthian Race of course, but we'll also be looking at what's coming up during the rest of the season. Besides, it's just good to see everyone.

David, I e-mailed the CYC folks right after I saw your post and haven't heard back. Probably best to just call the club at this point.

We have all been invited into the Corinthian after the race though - the Pelican Grille will be open there on the deck, with great hamburgers (I've had them) and assorted other fare, and of course various beverages will be available there and in the club's bar. So please, consider a quick harbor-furl on that main and come on in for a bit after the race. CYC only takes plastic, no cash.
    Last edited by BobJ; 03-13-2013 at 12:02 PM.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Thanks Bob, I'll be there.

Here's the invite from Jim Erskine at CYC:

Bob – as I mentioned previously, all racers and friends are welcome to join us at CYC for food and beverage after the race. No slips available, but the guest dock by the harbor entrance is available and the dock at the end of the right fairway as you enter. Plenty of room for boats to raft up, as anyone who joined us for Midwinters knows. Follow the instructions of harbor personnel on the orange RIB or on the dock. They don’t have to “sign in”.

Sounds like you’ll have a great turnout – looking forward to it.

Just as a heads up, the St. Fancy will be hosting the Spring OD regatta this weekend, intended race area will be set on the City Front utilizing inflatable marks. Invited fleets are: J/105, J/120, Express 27, Folkboat, J/24, Knarr, Melges
    24, Moore 24, Open 5.70, J22-type boats. So far 57 boats are registered.

So keep an eye out under your spinnaker on the run from Blackaller. But not to worry, if you ask nicely and tell them you are shorthanded they will not press the racing rules and give you plenty of room. Specially the J/105 fleet. They are the friendliest group of sailors on the bay, never yell, and just out there for the camaraderie. True Corinthians.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

The Corinthian Race fleet assignments are up - check the blue-lettered link on the Jibeset regatta page for the "2013 - Corinthian" not the Registration List. Your starting time might have changed, especially if you are a Sportboat (as SSS defines it) but didn't register as such. Check the Race SI's for when your Class/Flag starts - we had to move some boats around based on the final division counts.
    Last edited by BobJ; 03-14-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Preliminary results are posted. Please take a look and e-mail me at RaceChairSSS@yahoo.com if something looks weird.

thanks Bob and RC for the great effort. Your weather choice was excellent as well.

Thanks Bob and the rest of the race deck for doing the honors. That was a really loud gun, hope you had ear muffs for everyone on the deck. Whoever packed those blanks really wanted to scare the crooks.

Bob and the SSS Corinthian Race Committee,

Thanks for a great race and for your time spent helping us have fun sailing it. I really appreciate your efforts. Pat B. "NANCY"