Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round the Rocks

Default Round the Rocks

Wow - we blew through last year's entry total of 72 and are now up to 83. Might we break 100?

Only three boats in my SH "fast-but-not-sporty" division though. Jim says he's got it covered and I can enter. Maybe I will.

Don't forget the meeting this Wednesday night. I'm sure Jackie will be getting a note out to the entrants via Jibeset, but anyone else can come too. We'll chat a bit more about the SH Farallones and try to answer your questions, Ben and Lucie might be there to fill in the LongPac gaps (if any) and we might even get an update from George on Buglight status.

See you there?

Now 90 entries and one more in the fast-not-sporties (I wonder if that also describes those skippers). Jackie pointed out that she already sent a meeting announcement via Jibeset - thanks Jackie.

Paul Disario, our PRO for the SH Farallones, sent the SI's for that race and I think we'll open it up for entries after Wednesday night (when entries close for 'da Rocks). Thought for your consideration: We don't have an alternate, inside-the-Bay course set up in the SI's for the SHF. I'm thinking we don't want one. If conditions are such that we call the race, we'll re-schedule it. In my view the SHF is a significant milestone in our program and needs to be re-scheduled and sailed, not substituted with another Bay race. Thoughts on that? Remind me to bring this up at the meeting too. See you there.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

127 registered this morning.

With a max 4.4 knot flood at the GG around Noon and a 2.2 knot flood at the Carquinez straights at around 3p.m., this years race around the Brothers should be challenging.

If you have never had to navigate around the Brothers, this is the race for you. Last year's RRR was fun and I don't think anyone got stuck in the mud by Berkeley but I could be wrong. Watch that depth sounder on the way to the finish.

Looking forward to this year's race. The weather is predicted to be spectacular maybe even with some wind. See all of you out there. Thanks to the Berkeley Yacht Club for hosting and as always all of those volunteers that help make the SSS races possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    In my view the SHF is a significant milestone in our program and needs to be re-scheduled and sailed, not substituted with another Bay race. Thoughts on that?
    I can't make the meeting Wednesday, but I strongly agree with Bob's position on the Singlehanded Farallones.
    See you on the water Saturday.
    Ma

David, those were the registrations for the Corinthian Race. But it looks like 'da Rocks might break 100 at this rate.

Matt, it will be high tide around finish time so no problem coming into Berkeley on Saturday. The club asks skippers to give them a ring - here's the note from Bob Gray:

The club telephone number for BYC is (510)843-9292. In your SIs a note giving the number and a note that some advance information would be appreciated so appropriate berthing arrangements can be made.

Thanks Max.

102 boats rockin' the Rocks Race with 24 hours to go!

I couldn't make the skippers meeting tonight. Was anything new announced regarding the race?
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Just that EYRIE had agreed to be the committee boat, with the guys on R/C wearing sundresses and the gals wearing pots on their heads. I don't recall anything else.

Jim shared remembrances about Bill M and we observed a moment of silence. I went through the SI's as written - no surprises. There won't be check-ins and the finish is at C-OC vs. the start being farther out at E-OC. We talked about cutting each other a little slack out there since things have gotten a little more aggressive of late. I went over the SHF and B&L discussed LongPac. Nice turn out.
    Last edited by BobJ; 04-25-2013 at 07:39 AM.

The Round the Rocks Trophy Meeting Date is May 8th. This will also be the Singlehanded Farallone's Skipper's meeting. The SSS calendar has been updated.