Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round the Rocks

I sailed out to Olympic Circle E today, and it is at: N37 51.350; W 122 21.920. Right where it is supposed to be.

Preliminary results can be found on jibeset at: https://www.jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T00706445

Thx to the RCs, both standing and guest on-the-water, for supporting the fleet with another challenging regatta. Phew!!

So speaking of shirts. I REALLY liked the long sheeved t-shirts for this race last year; mock turtle necked, dense knit from Port Authority. I'd also like to add that a sailing society based in San Francisco that touts being a bug light for weirdos can not possibly award too many tied-dyed shirt. Just say'n.

Synthia/Eyrie
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Preliminary results can be found on jibeset at: https://www.jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T00706445
    Will overall results be posted anytime soon? Or are things being delayed due to pending protests? Thx for getting the fleet results up so fast.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

It would be great to see more GPS tracks uploaded to Jibeset. It's easy to do but may require some funky wiring from your Garmin or whatever to your computer. With the plethora of smartphones these days maybe someone can show us how to upload from them easily. Ray, Dan or any others know how to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Gutoff View Post
    It would be great to see more GPS tracks uploaded to Jibeset. It's easy to do but may require some funky wiring from your Garmin or whatever to your computer. With the plethora of smartphones these days maybe someone can show us how to upload from them easily. Ray, Dan or any others know how to do that?
    For me it is pretty easy. Just transfer my tracks from the GPS to MacENC, save the track as a GPX file and upload to jibeset. MacENC is doing all the work for me. I don't use my smartphone for the tracking. iNavX requires a x-traverse account which I don't use. If you use Motion-X you can go into the tracks menu, choose your track and 'share' it. It will send you an email with the GPX file which you can then upload to jibeset.

It would be a great learning tool if there are more tracks to compare your moves against.