Thread: Farallones Awards TONIGHT

Default Farallones Awards TONIGHT

We're on a roll with postponements!

Jim isn't 100% sure the new cars he's giving away as prizes will be here by Wednesday, so we need to postpone the meeting by a week.

Instead of this Wednesday (5/29) it will be a week later on 6/05 - same time, same place. Come early and have dinner at OYC!
    Last edited by BobJ; 06-05-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    We're on a roll with postponements!

Jim isn't 100% sure the new cars he's giving away as prizes will be here by Wednesday, so we need to postpone the meeting by a week.

Instead of this Wednesday (5/29) it will be a week later on 6/05 - same time, same place. Come early and have dinner at OYC!
    This is getting out of hand. I Planned my work trips around the SSS schedule and then they change. So I will not be able to make the Single Handed Farallones awards meeting (no big deal), probably not the "mandatory" Longpac skippers meeting (big deal?) and now I have to mail my entry Longpac Entry overnight because I cannot hand it in on Wednesday....

Dirk, I agree. Just post regular mail.

The deadline of May 29 was set so that the race chairs could comply with the new USCG permit processing deadline.

It's a little like that picture of the dominoes: hit the first and they all go.

Give Ben a call. (510)520-0779.

Lucie

Lucie,

Does this mean that an online entry accompanied by paper documents post marked by Wednesday the 29th (which the RC will not receive until a day or three later) are adequate?

I am sure there are at least a few of us who were planning on dropping the entry off tomorrow at the now not happening Farallones awards meeting.

Yes.

JohnS which boat is yours?

Lucie

Quote Originally Posted by dhusselman View Post
    This is getting out of hand. I Planned my work trips around the SSS schedule and then they change. So I will not be able to make the Single Handed Farallones awards meeting (no big deal), probably not the "mandatory" Longpac skippers meeting (big deal?) and now I have to mail my entry Longpac Entry overnight because I cannot hand it in on Wednesday....
    Hi Dirk -

I agree that changing schedules at the last minute is not a good thing for the SSS, and the changes have been slow to disseminate. I also do not view the SSS Forum as suitable 'official' place to post announcements/changes - that stuff should be on the SSS home page, 2013 LongPac site, and SSS calendar. Looks like the LongPac change made it to the Calendar, there is no mention of a change on the home page, the LongPac page doesn't mention a meeting at all (and the 2013 LongPac NOR now contains an incorrect date).

I mailed in my LongPac entry stuff last week, as it was supposed to be received by the race committee by tomorrow.

However, given this is the SSS, I expect that Lucy and Ben will be most accommodating - after all, it would be a real bummer if Xpression wasn't on the start line!

Ben was on Beetle yesterday for inspection and Beetle will be good to go when I pick up the life raft and MOM8A from Sal's tomorrow morning (everything passed inspection) and also pick up the 3 NOAA charts from Marilee this week.

And I have no idea why anyone suggests I as a skipper should register for the race on jibeset as all the entry forms state that paper entries are the requirement. So I'm not going to bother with jibeset for LongPac.

- rob/beetle

My understanding of the meeting postponements is they were not caused by events within the control of the board. To have an awards meeting you need to have awards. Also, we used to be able to order shirts a day or two after the race (to avoid over-ordering) but now we're told they may not arrive by the following Wednesday.

Regarding Jibeset, that is how the Coast Guard accesses the boat information during the race. Ray reports that during each of the local ocean races, his site stats show the CG has accessed it repeatedly throughout the day. So if you don't put your data into Jibeset someone else will have to do it. B&L now realize this and have amended the NOR (and/or the RR&C) to require Jibeset entries in addition to paper.

Regarding the website updates, you might ask Matt if he could use some help. He does the updates when he has an opportunity. It's an all-volunteer army folks.

Lucie, Thanks. My paper entry docs will be in the mail tomorrow (since the option to hand deliver has now been eliminated). I'm on the SC 27 Crazy Rhythm.

Since my Google Calendar is all messed up now, I almost forgot that the Farallones trophy meeting is tonight. See those that make it there tonight.

Matt