Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spinnaker repair

If i have anything to do with it i buy sets of red and green sheets and guys. You'll notice that i don't have much to do with it.

Jackie, in 2000 I was entered in the PacCup on OmegaI, a good friends's boat. He met a guy who knew everything, and we picked 3 other crew. He picked a "really great" bow gal, and two other of the owner and my mutual friends...and began practicing. Turns out Ms Bow did not know the pointy end, so we practiced at the dock one day. Especially when Mr KIA missed. He had gotten all the sheets, guys, and twingers for us. We had more fun that afternoon: all the lines were white with red threads. Starboard AND port! The twingers were substantially smaller, that helped a teeny bit.

The gybe practice at the dock was very, very helpful because our gal could catch the rhythm of the gybe bringing the kite from one side of the boat to the other.

I love the forums except that there is no 'Like' button. You guys are cracking me up!

Quote Originally Posted by knickspant View Post
    our gal could catch the rhythm of the gybe bringing the kite from one side of the boat to the other.
    I want to learn how to be a gal who can catch the rhythm of the gybe. At the very least I don't want to fall off the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    I want to learn how to be a gal who can catch the rhythm of the gybe.
    It's all in the timing of the trip.

For anyone attempting a repair to a spinnaker with original cloth you don't cut the bad rip out first. Fatal error as you'll loose the cloths form.

You first joint the rip with sticky tape along its length, then apply a patch larger than the rip with double sided sticky tape, sew it, then cut out the old taped together rip and excess cloth within the new patch from the back side.

Not wanting to sound an arse but I was a sailmaker for many years.