Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Long Pac Progress

All done, nothing left but the party! Well, a little more...

Carroll E called at 2330 Saturday, in the middle of Foyle's War. We ran to our post, only to hear that once under the bridge the wind shut down. It was a pleasure to sit waiting for him on a balmy full moon evening.

Maris showed up this morning a little way off from Pt Reyes, whale watching.

That was a finish for the memory banks; ghosting along under the full moon with a zephyr through a peaceful Racoon Straight and Ben flashing the spotlight signaling my crossing of the line. Thanks Ben and Lucie!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger beetle View Post
    hi jackie, tiger beetle here

we were reaching with 3reefs in the main and about 1/2 half the 120 genoa rolled up (the sail was made to handle those conditions) boat speeds 7.8-8.5 knots.

w rob/beetle
    Hi, Rob, When you say that your 120 genoa was made to handle those conditions, what do you mean? Was your genoa made with those polyproplene ropes inside at the luff? Any information would be appreciated. I am ready to order a furling jib and would like it to meet as many needs as possible. If I got a 120 genoa and could roll it half way up without wrecking it that would make me happy. Thanks, Jackie