Thread: HMB Race Rides and Details

Default HMB Race Rides and Details

HMB Racers & Race Committee. My wife Linda would like to join in on the HMB festivities Sat Night and sail back on Lightspeed Sunday. Several years back she did this by working on the race committee and getting a land ride to HMB. This was a lot of fun for us and an extra hand for the race committee. Perhaps this would be a great opportunity for spouses/significant others to experience the race & race committee, and joint everyone in HMB for the fun. With the race starting point still in progress maybe this a good place to start coordinating a HMB road trip....Rick/Lightspeed
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-13-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Change Thread Header

ahoy! has there been anymore chatter about anyone driving down to HMB on saturday evening? i have return crew looking for a ride down on saturday if possible. cheers randy W32 Tortuga

The R/C is sailing down on the "committee boat" and we have a full boat, so no help there. There are (at least) a couple of individuals driving down for the dinner - hopefully they'll see this if they have an empty seat.

Be sure to sign up with HMBYC for the dinner - the last time I checked the dinner reservations were running well behind the race registrations. Today is officially the last day to sign up for dinner, although the club will extend the deadline until our skippers' meeting is over on Wednesday night. Here's that Dinner Sign-Up link again:

http://halfmoonbayyachtclub.cloverpa...ntRegistration

This is a big deal for HMBYC so please take the time to sign up. I negotiated a pretty decent menu for us.

Oh, and don't forget the meeting tomorrow night. If you haven't noticed, there have been some big changes to the SI's.
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-13-2013 at 12:30 PM.

A couple folks are driving from SF/ALameda to meet two of us in HMB. If you are still interested I could put you in touch with those driving down. I am not sure of vehicle space.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by captleasure View Post
    ahoy! has there been anymore chatter about anyone driving down to HMB on saturday evening? i have return crew looking for a ride down on saturday if possible. cheers randy W32 Tortuga

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    A couple folks are driving from SF/ALameda to meet two of us in HMB. If you are still interested I could put you in touch with those driving down. I am not sure of vehicle space.

Brian
    I have a person who also needs ride down to HMB Saturday evening....any info on ride sharing would be appreciated...510-710-5137
    Last edited by glythcott; 08-14-2013 at 03:42 PM.

thanks brian. I've got 2 return crew looking for a ride down on Saturday eve, could be either from the city or east bay. please pass along my contact info to them if possible: captleasure@yahoo.com - four15 two54 seven296
    cheers! randy W32 tortuga

George/Randy,

i am letting those in charge of land based transport aware of your needs......

Brian

thanks brian. I've got 2 return crew looking for a ride down on Saturday eve, could be either from the city or east bay. please pass along my contact info to them if possible: captleasure@yahoo.com - four15 two54 seven296

Bump. We didn't appear to have much success last night matching up rides to HMB. Keep working on it here if you like.

Smile Tranportation to Half Moon Bay Yacht Club

FYI - to those looking for rides to HMB - I know this takes little more time but it works - so if your land rider can get him/herself to BART, SAMTRANS buses leave Daly City Bart Station every hour on the hour on Saturday, the #110, and after about a 35 minute ride to Linda Mar, you can catch the #17 bus to El Granada/Princeton Landing another 20-25 minutes or so. The 17 leaves every two hours on even:37, so you are best to look at the schedules (make sure it is Saturday Southbound) on Samtrans to line up your timing to your preference.

For example - if you arrive at Daly City before 2:00 pm there is a #110 Sam Trans that leaves at 2pm and gets to Linda Mar Park n ride at 2:32; there is then a #17 that is scheduled to leave Linda Mar Park N Ride at 2:37pm that gets to near the HMBYC at 3:02pm. For my money I would take the #110 that arrives an hour earlier, hang out at the Taco Bell and watch the surfers or bring a pair of binocs to spy the fleet offshore for an hour just to make sure I didn't miss the connection with only a five minute window.

So, in other words I could be arriving at Daly City before 3pm, catching the 3pm #110 to Linda Mar arriving 3:32, hanging out or hanging ten for an hour until 4:37 when the next #17 shows up. If you are very trustful of the bus schedule and the driver's intentions to connect and make your bus experience the best ever, then take the 4:00 #110 from Daly City, arriving at 4:32 in Linda Mar and in perfect synchronicity you hop over onto the 4:37 #17.

That or you get TWO hours to rip curl instead of just one!

Good luck!

An alternative would be to pay for a cab from Daly City or Linda Mar - but that might get pricey...unless you can coordinate a group and split the cost.

I have not heard from the folks coming down to meet us. I sent an email and they have not responded, so I suspect that transport mode is falling through.

Brian