Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's Sailing to Hanalei?

Default Who's Sailing to Hanalei?

Planning o racing?

1. I hear that Joe Balderrama on the Express 27 ARCHIMEDES going.

2. Dirk Husselman on the C&C 110 XPRESSION is planning for it.

3 & 4. How about two Dana 24s, Chris Humann repeating the trip on CARROLL E and SSS newcomer Brian Cline on MARIS.

5. Al Germain is booking their timeshare...just in case he sails his Wylie 30 BANDICOOT again.

6. Nathalie Criou is doing everything she can to get her Express 27 ELISE to the line.

7. Jackie Philpott is looking to do the race, and is working hard with her Cal 2-27 DURA MATER to sail in 2014.

8. Any number of other LongPac racers and veterans are whispering their plans.

And some of the racers who have had the Singlehanded TransPac on their "to do list" for several years are beginning to contact the committee.

Do enter the discussionT

Lucie Mewes

I'm planning on one more try. Peter on Scaramouche

Yay!

I see that Commodore Quanci is headed to Kaneohe again this year, but I think we should expect Jim and Mary to finish in time to get in a quick trip to Hanalei, too. Maybe.

Going! Joe B. Archimedes

Doug Paine in San Diego is going! He sailed his Capri 27 out last summer to do his Qualifier, and is looking for a buddy with a similar boat to coach him.

IMHO, last night's Get Going seminar had a good turnout of vets and wanna sailors, and plenty of camaraderie.

Here is a sample of the boats going (or hoping to!): Pearson Ariel, Islander 36, Capri 25, Wyliecat 30, Dana 24, Westsail 32, Express 27, Wylie 39, Black Soo, PJ 50, Cal 40, Cal 2-27

The biggest obstacle most faced was getting to the line. As far as getting used to an irregular sleep pattern, don't worry: skippers don't sleep until the start.

So, I plan to make it to the start line this time around. S/V Dolce , Alberg 30 lying Seattle. glennP

Randy (Westsail 32 TORTUGA) hopes to have a few more sister ships, too.

TORTUGA, ELIZABETH ANN, of Brookings OR, is now entered. After participating in many lively discussions, Gary Burton signed up. You mentioned 3entries could be a fleet?..

Lucie

Hi all! Mouton Noir is planning to go, pending some unrelated issues resolving. I will probably officially enter in the spring, depending on how things turn out with that.

All the best,
    Michael