Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vallejo 1 - 2 Change of Date

Question: I have a big problem getting my crew to Vallejo since we both live in Los Gatos. Is it possible to have her onboard for the Vallejo I, provided she doesn't do anything but watch me struggling, without her ever touching neither line nor tiller, acting as ballast or anything else that would be considered participating in racing?
    Cheers
    Paul

Sorry Paul - the only other person you can have aboard is the imaginary one that appears sometimes during solo TransPacs (usually due to lack of sleep).

However, others will be figuring out crew shuttles up to Vallejo on Saturday - it's a common problem. She might be able to ride up to Vallejo with one of the folks from the Race Committee, or with another V2 crew.

Can anyone help Paul out?

Quote Originally Posted by bluewater_ny View Post
    Question: I have a big problem getting my crew to Vallejo since we both live in Los Gatos. Is it possible to have her onboard for the Vallejo I, provided she doesn't do anything but watch me struggling, without her ever touching neither line nor tiller, acting as ballast or anything else that would be considered participating in racing?
    Cheers
    Paul
    Paul, the ferry to Vallejo from the SF Ferry building is quite enjoyable assuming she can get to the city (plenty of public transit options for that). If she times it right, she'll get to sail right through the fleet and be ready to meet you in Vallejo.

And, for $5 there's a Solano Transit bus from Del Norte BART to the Vallejo Transit Terminal located on the hill above the Ferry Terminal. It's a fast ride.

After several e-mails it is now clear that Vallejo Yacht Club did not cause the date conflict. Their Change-of-Watch was always scheduled for October 12th. When I called their manager a couple weeks ago to confirm our visit and plan the menu, I misinterpreted his comment that their Commodore had taken ill as the reason for the date conflict. In fact, our race was never on their calendar. Regarding changing the race date in past years, I have no knowledge of that but I can see how that could happen, and it may not have been VYC's fault then either.

My apologies to Vallejo Yacht Club and to those who now have a race date conflict.
    Last edited by BobJ; 09-07-2013 at 05:53 PM.