Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rigging & Sails videos are up

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Web Video Access to Meetings

I've had success at work and I also helped Ashley Perrin set up remote meeting access to one of her safety seminars using GoToMeeting (formerly WebEx, I think.) This is a great tool and is very lightweight on the audience end of things. It is kind of late notice, too late for tonight I am sure, but I will see if I can dig up the info on this. Are there only a few remote attendees?

Paul Kamen is bringing a short slide show of photos from the first Farallones Race in 1977. This is the precursor to the TransPac. He is probably prominently highlighted in his Tuna.

I assume we will show this after the seminar ? Or maybe put it up when he gets here and run until 7 30 when we start the seminar ?

I just tested Skype from OYC. It works fine. Now we just need those that want to watch to find me in the skype address book and log in.

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    Skype: We need your unique skype ID. I just tried adding someone and there were dozens of them scattered around the globe. I took my best shot. if you have an ID that is not unique please include more info .

Better yet, add me to your skype contact list !!!! My ID is

facebook:brian.boschma
    I gave you my unique ID, but it probably fooled you because it said location: Madrid. Which was true the last time I used Skype about 6 months ago.
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Bermuda 1-2 on a Schumacher 28

Quote Originally Posted by svShearwater View Post
    I gave you my unique ID, but it probably fooled you because it said location: Madrid. Which was true the last time I used Skype about 6 months ago.
    Yes, it did fool me completely. There are many logins with your name and several are in Texas. Next month we can set this up a bit earlier.

Regards,
    Brian

Hi Brian, will the video be available on youtube?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WBChristie View Post
    Hi Brian, will the video be available on youtube?
    Thanks
    Hi WBC,

The video will be posted on the SHTP website in the UPDATE section. Dave Morris was nice enough to capture a GO PRO video and as soon as he can get it uploaded we will have it to share. I don't have an ETA yet.

Brian

Dave indeed watched over the camera.

My son is doing the editing right now - there was lots of messing with computer hookups, burping and assorted distractions...

I'll have it up later tonight hopefully.

Thanks Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Dave indeed watched over the camera. My son is doing the editing right now - there was lots of messing with computer hookups, burping and assorted distractions...I'll have it up later tonight hopefully.
    Gosh, I spoke with the guys at that table, and asked them to not bump. I didn't think to ask them to not burp. Or worse. Ah, the sounds of the SSS recorded for posterity.