Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sss history

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    "The Floating Harpsichord"
    Very interesting, Alan. I've seen that book many times in used book stores, but I had no idea it was about the SHTP.
    Barbara Euser edited a book of writings by a group of women on a canal trip in Europe, and it has a chapter or two in the beginning about the SHTP. I don't recall the title, but I have a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    The SSS also owns an ipid
    Bob, is that high-density ipid, or low-density ipid? I think the low-density is bad for you, but I may have it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Bob, is that high-density ipid, or low-density ipid? I think the low-density is bad for you, but I may have it backwards.
    My understanding is that low-density ipids cause seizure disorders.

Credit where it's due: In this context, the term "ipid" was coined by Rob Tryon. Rob has about the same compulsion to be teck-no-logically up-to-date as I do. (= Not much. Wanna see my flip phone that I never turn on?)

Since the iPad Mini was purchased for the R/C's use, I plan to hand it off to Paul or Allen. They are taking over the Race Chair job.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Credit where it's due: In this context, the term "ipid" was coined by Rob Tryon. Rob has about the same compulsion to be teck-no-logically up-to-date as I do. (= Not much. Wanna see my flip phone that I never turn on?)

Since the iPad Mini was purchased for the R/C's use, I plan to hand it off to Paul or Allen. They are taking over the Race Chair job.
    Mini's are a PITA. They're too twiddly and they don't go upwind. nyuck, nyuck.

Update: Norton Smith is able to correspond but might not be just wild about driving down here from Medford. However, he's going to be down here in April for some open water rowing races. Mike Pyzel...great guy, not terribly good at communicating.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Keep at it all, this thread is funny and wonderful to follow.

You have the perfect medium to "store" all the stuff you are collecting and talking about - make it digital and post onto your website!

I had a copy, wonderful stuff. Written by my stepdad's friend Dronkers' brother. I believe it went when. We left the house.

Jan gave me 5 file boxes full of "Old SSS Stuff" when we cleared out the storage unit. There is probably a lot of historical information in there but I haven't really looked. I need to get this to somebody that will make use of it. Jacky or Bob, do you have room for a stack of file boxes. I was cleaning out the garage recently and thinking about what to do with them.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Jan gave me 5 file boxes full of "Old SSS Stuff" when we cleared out the storage unit. There is probably a lot of historical information in there but I haven't really looked. I need to get this to somebody that will make use of it. Jacky or Bob, do you have room for a stack of file boxes. I was cleaning out the garage recently and thinking about what to do with them.

Matt
    Hi, Matt. Finally, all these years later, my history degree from Cal unleashes its latent potential. I'll take the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Hi, Matt. Finally, all these years later, my history degree from Cal unleashes its latent potential. I'll take the boxes.
    It's been days and no response from Mike Pyzel. I think we can leave him out of the equation. It would be nice to have as many as possible at the video'ing so let me keep looking.

The copy of The Floating Harpsichord that I ordered is here. I'll bring it to a SHTP seminar and hand it off.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"