Thread: Wind storm blows Jetstream over onto.... Tinker

Default Wind storm blows Jetstream over onto.... Tinker

WoW! Tinker just can't catch a break this year. In the water or out of the water larger boats seem to be attracted to my little blue Wilderness. That's the third collision this year and no one was even on the boat. Next year the racing goal for Tinker is complete accident avoidance with 0 close calls. I've had too many close calls this year, cutting it a little too close in some Friday night races, and need to chill out a bit. Tinker doesn't really win a lot of races anyways because of the rating and my lack of desire to fly overpowered sail plans singlehanded.

Name:  IMG_0532.JPG.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  20.2 KB

This picture is so interesting that I just had to post it here on the forum. Not often that you see a wind storm strong enough to blow over a 30' boat on a trailer but the JS9000 does have an unusual profile for wind exposure when out of the water. No worries, neither boat was damaged. There were about 12 people and a forklift at the marina when I got there helping to right Jetstream. It popped back up without much of a problem with one person pulling hard. The legs that provide side support for the JS-9000 trailer or some kind of tie downs are needed.

At the back hoist for the Alameda Marina, we have a group of famous/infamous SSS boats including Summertime Dream, Pogo(formerly Rushmore), Jetstream & Tinker. A lot of us shorthanded racers like the 3 Ton hoist there in Alameda. It works for 20'-30' boats like the Corsairs, Uno and Outsider. I enjoy my spot because it's well protected from the elements by larger boats and is easy to push back and forth to the hoist without using a truck or any assistance. Thought you all might enjoy seeing this unusual scene.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    WoW! Tinker just can't catch a break this year. In the water or out of the water larger boats seem to be attracted to my little blue Wilderness. That's the third collision this year and no one was even on the boat. Next year the racing goal for Tinker is complete accident avoidance with 0 close calls. I've had too many close calls this year, cutting it a little too close in some Friday night races, and need to chill out a bit. Tinker doesn't really win a lot of races anyways because of the rating and my lack of desire to fly overpowered sail plans singlehanded.

Name:  IMG_0532.JPG.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  20.2 KB

This picture is so interesting that I just had to post it here on the forum. Not often that you see a wind storm strong enough to blow over a 30' boat on a trailer but the JS9000 does have an unusual profile for wind exposure when out of the water. No worries, neither boat was damaged. There were about 12 people and a forklift at the marina when I got there helping to right Jetstream. It popped back up without much of a problem with one person pulling hard. The legs that provide side support for the JS-9000 trailer or some kind of tie downs are needed.

At the back hoist for the Alameda Marina, we have a group of famous/infamous SSS boats including Summertime Dream, Pogo(formerly Rushmore), Jetstream & Tinker. A lot of us shorthanded racers like the 3 Ton hoist there in Alameda. It works for 20'-30' boats like the Corsairs, Uno and Outsider. I enjoy my spot because it's well protected from the elements by larger boats and is easy to push back and forth to the hoist without using a truck or any assistance. Thought you all might enjoy seeing this unusual scene.

Matt
    Close call. Glad there wasn't any damage and glad you had your backstay on. Working with the marina on some tie downs.

Dodged another bullet, Matt! Pogo

Interesting run of luck. Glad to see no additional damage.