Thread: Wanted: instrument package

Default Wanted: instrument package

I hope to compete in as many SSS races as possible next year with my Olson 30 Daddy-O (ex-Black Knight). Currently I do not have any instruments except a compass and handheld GPS which are fine for bay races. Is there anyone out there that has any slightly used instruments thay would like to sell. I'm mainly looking for speed/depth but if you have an entire package, that may work as well.

Thanks and see you on the water.
    Curt

Curt, I recently bought new instruments (anemometer, transducer and display) to go with my new chart plotter, but haven't gotten around to climbing the mast, installing the parts, running the wires, etc. If you are willing to help me with the de-install and install, and would consider a day's work for a trade on the old parts, please let me know. Everything works well except I had gotten a new impeller for the transducer a while back because one of the vanes was broken and it wasn't spinning. It had worked intermittently before so I assume with the new impeller on, it'll be good as gold again. You're welcome to see how everything works before deciding.

Just let me know.

My email is carliane at seajayenv dot com.

What brand is the system and is it just the wind system or is it also speed/depth? Also, where is the boat located?

The system consists of the Signet SL80 (knot meter and depth sounder) and Signet SL60 (wind speed sensor). I guess it's the SmartPak because it comes with two displays. These were original on my boat (1988) and I still have the manuals. I also have a new paddlewheel for the speed. I had called it an impeller in the prior post...

The boat is at Treasure Island.

One thing I haven't checked yet is whether the new transducer will fit in the old spot. If not, I'll need to haul it. If you're interested, I'll find out more what needs to be done to remove the old and install the new.

Thanks.

I have a used but working ST50 anemometer system (transducer, cable and display head) that i plan to unload. Let me know if you are interested.
    steve dot hodges at cox dot net