Thread: 12 volt charger and Nexus 7

Default 12 volt charger and Nexus 7

Hi, what size fuse should I use to charge my Nexus 7 onboard Dura Mater? Different fuses for different things, right? How about for a laptop? Should I switch out the fuses? My standard Horizon handheld X270S radio came with a charging cradle and 12 volt plug. On the box it reads: FBA-25A and E-DC-19A; what the ? It is a code that I can't figure out even after reading Don Casey's Sailboat Electronics Simplified. Thanks

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Hi, what size fuse should I use to charge my Nexus 7 onboard Dura Mater? Different fuses for different things, right? How about for a laptop? Should I switch out the fuses? My standard Horizon handheld X270S radio came with a charging cradle and 12 volt plug. On the box it reads: FBA-25A and E-DC-19A; what the ? It is a code that I can't figure out even after reading Don Casey's Sailboat Electronics Simplified. Thanks
    You are probably using a 12V automotive to USB converter, so to be on the safe side I would put 1A fuse on the 12 V side. Or maybe 2 amps to give a bit more head room.

Way more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...rging_adapters

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2781785?hl=en
    Last edited by pogen; 12-21-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Thank you, David. And only 38 pages to read. I hope there won't be a test afterward. That part about PID bytes and different standards in China, well gosh, my head is just spinning. I'll put in a 2amp fuse and hope for the best.
    Last edited by Philpott; 12-21-2013 at 04:50 PM.