Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruise out to sequoia yacht club

Default Cruise out to sequoia yacht club

The cruise out will be Saturday, October 31. The Sequoia Yacht Club has decided to have its Halloween party on Friday, October 30, so the SSS will find a much calmer environment after a hard sail down the South Bay. Charts and details to follow.

In case you missed it (like I almost did), this is pretty funny:

http://sfbaysss.org/main/cruise-in-update/

I like this part: "skippers must find their own way down via charts and avoid all manner of pitfalls and restricted areas without the guidance of a race committee"

I think I'll put the dodger back on the boat so it looks like a cruiser (and in case it rains). The "side dish" thing will be a challenge.

If you can’t persuade anyone to sail with you, if you can’t bribe friends and no one will let your borrow their children, take note: This is the Singlehanded Sailing Society. It’s okay to come solo.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Well I got my boat back today. It only spent 400% longer in the yard than originally promised, at a cost of 37% more than promised, I now have a new pulpit that is shiny and looks exactly like the old one.

Seeing as it is my birthday, I will be serving home-made cider and maybe cookies aboard my boat after we are done on shore.

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    Well I got my boat back today. It only spent 400% longer in the yard than originally promised, at a cost of 37% more than promised, I now have a new pulpit that is shiny and looks exactly like the old one.

Seeing as it is my birthday, I will be serving home-made cider and maybe cookies aboard my boat after we are done on shore.
    Yaaaay! I love birthday parties!,,,

I was doing okay with this croozing notion - I put the dodger on the boat and all. But tonight I packed two kites for the weekend. I think I'm regressing.

RAGTIME: Sorry about your regression with the cruising lifestyle... totally normal. We have a popular class dedicated to just this issue in "Cruising 101" here at the Capitola YC.

Meanwhile, inexpensive props can be had by hanging towels on the lifelines with clothes pins, leaving your fenders ("bumpers"?) over the side, and going to the old India Imports story on University Ave. and getting a length of Yak hair rope for jibsheets ("I couldn't afford West Marine..)

Don't forget the reef in the main.

How about investing in a "Greek Fisherman's Cap"? That would solidify your class position in some circles! I have no experience with Yak hair sheets. My old Holiday 30 came from Holland with linen sheets...possibly a step up from Yak.

Just put a 35 lb Bruce anchor on the bow with 200' of chain rode....scares away the competition, too.

Gamay, RAGS would be poppin' wheelies if I did that (or whatever the opposite is).

Jackie says I'm in the Frijole division. I assume our start is between the Enchilada and Guacamole divisions? (Or maybe that's the wrong cruise-out.)

Regardless, I'm going to hit the line at the gun with full speed - I can do this cruiser thing!
    Last edited by BobJ; 10-30-2015 at 08:40 AM.