Thread: Changing 3BF divisions

Default Changing 3BF divisions

after we sign up (before the 15th), can we change divisions? If so, how late? I am not sure if I am doing it DH or SH (She Who Must Be Obeyed has not made up my mind yet.)

thanks,
    bw
    Last edited by BobJ; 01-21-2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Changed thread heading back

NOR/SSI 9.f: You can change up until the first warning. I'm sure the RC would appreciate more notice than that.

I think you're covered - at least for SSS (can't help w/SWMBO)

ii. An entrant may change from the Doublehanded to the Singlehanded Division until the first warning signal. If doing so, he may also change to Class J (non-spinnaker), if the boat is eligible. The difference in entry fee (if applicable) will not be refunded.

iii. For a Bay race only, an entrant may change from the Singlehanded to the Doublehanded Division until the first warning signal. He shall make good the increased entry fee (if applicable) before entering future SSS races.

d'oh! RTFM! damn! (or RTFSI, i guess).

thanks guys--covers me perfectly. Now I can sit here FD&H and wait for my mind to get made for me.

bw

Well, if anyone needs help making up their mind for the doublehanded division, I can make myself available. I don't have any experience with spinnakers, but I can do everything else (trim, helm, navigate, make sandwiches...). I need notice as I live 6hrs away, but I'm eager to meet some of you folks and learn more about SSS and gain experience with racing. Our Yacht club up here in Humboldt doesn't have any races scheduled till March.
    biglilwave@gmail.com