Thread: 3BF Skippers' Meeting!

Default 3BF Skippers' Meeting!

The 3BF skippers' meeting is tonight (Wednesday 1/22), usual place (OYC in Alameda), usual time (1930).

Kame Richards has graciously agreed to discuss how to work with the current, and he's the guru!

I'm thinking about a prize for the oldest 3BF shirt - but it must be worn (no car rags).

I'll go over the new 3BF Sailing Instructions - there are a bunch of changes!

. . . and other general SSS falderal - please don't miss it!
    Last edited by BobJ; 01-22-2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Update

And, PRIZES, RECOGNITION, and Rah-rah! for 2014 Ainglehanded TransPac Racers! You know who you are, get over to Jibeset and Register!

Lucie in La Paz

Quote Originally Posted by Mewes View Post
    And, PRIZES, RECOGNITION, and Rah-rah! for 2014 Ainglehanded TransPac Racers! You know who you are, get over to Jibeset and Register!

Lucie in La Paz

Ignore that woman behind the curtain. Registrations closed January 15.

I assume Lucie meant register for the SHTP, but there WAS a post recently about hijacked threads . . .

(Meant in fun Lucie.)

Bob, I wasn't able to make the 3-Bridge meeting - family conflict - but I'll be at the Trophy Meeting. I'll dig through the bags to see what I can dig up for 3-Bridge shirts. How about making the Tee thing part of that meeting?

I think I can wear (stretched tight) a 1985 Vallejo 1-2 shirt for that meeting.

After the 1996 election, we dug through the Richmond locker like it was an Egyptian Pharoh's tomb. Came up with hundreds of tees. Donated them to an early version of the BaHaHa. We figured every Mexican kid from Ensenada to Cabo was advertising the SSS that year. I grabbed 3 or 4 SSS plastic license plate frames. The last one gave up a few months ago, but the top half is riveted to the car still. That was when we began the now defunct tradition of passing out unclaimed trophies/tees/caps for the HMB race winners. Most of the "trophies' were practical items like cushions, flashlights, winch handles, etc. So they were useful, even if they said "Corinthian In The Bay Race" instead of HMB. Most years there was enough stuff that everyone was a "winner." -- Pat

Can anyone write a few lines here on what Kame Richard said last night? For those of us out of towners who couldn't go to the meeting. Thanks, SDK

Here's a great recap just posted on NorCal Sailing. The authors (Jonathan and Christine) have "been there and done that" and hold the record for producing the fastest 3BF results when they were the SSS Race Chairs:

http://www.norcalsailing.com/entries...l#.UuKfKBDTnIU

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Hmmm, Sailflow says wind will be from West, NOAA text forecast says it will be from the North, and COAMPS says it will be from the EAST.

I guess I need to do just a bit more searching to find the southerly forecast.

Now you know why I just ask Jessa (and yes, they HAVE the Green Burrito).

GOOD NEWS: It turns out one of your R/C team does wind dances and incantations. Jillian, knock yourself out!

s/Your Full-Service 3BF Race Committee