Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre race moorage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pre race moorage

Where are the out of area boats going to dock before the race? It would be cool if we could be close to each other. I was thinking that Marina Village would have for room for most of us. Do any of you local guys know if this would be possible?

We've gone to RYC for the last number of years and enjoyed it.

Brian, in past years the Marina Village Harbormaster made a practice of hosting Hawaii-bound racers but times have changed. New owners, new Harbormaster, new practices.

I believe RYC has room for boats like yours, and there are many transpac vets there.

Alameda hosts a huge racing community, and it's proximity to chandler use and vendors may make it a preferable venue for you.

Lucie

i staged both of my SHTP efforts out of Marina Village in Alameda ('10 and '12), as I also lived there for several years.

Yes, times have changed and the long-loved harbormaster Allan Weaver is no longer there and the ownership has changed, but I would still recommend "the village". Sandra in the office is great, as are Sean and Corey the assistant harbormasters. Several vets and current newbies are based there and the location to other vendors that support the race is great. Such as West Marine Rigging Alameda and Svendsens. The facilities at Marina Village, including docks, restrooms, parking, deli, security, etc are all top notch.

I talked with Sandra about getting moorage for a group of us. She is more than willing to help. What she would like is to have the owners let her know in May that they are coming and the boat size.
    I should be there by the end of May. Look for a red hull Capri 30. (FASTLANE)
    Barry

I have just been in contact with the harbor master at RYC and altho we stayed there in '10 and '12 there is no room for visiting boats this year as they are hosting the PacCup Village with 30 visiting boats. So I guess it will be Marina Village in Alameda for Scaramouche.

Marina Bay in Richmond has lots of empty slips, and is 20 ft deep. 50 foot slips are available

Appreciate the above. I'm looking into it.

I just got a call from Sandra at Marina Village and they have had a change of heart. They do have room for us so that is where we will be. At the guest dock for inspections etc.

I will be at marina village as well.. will be leaving Brookings in the first good weather after the 1st probably