Thread: share cost of shipping

Default share cost of shipping

I'm posting this as a favor to Paul Kamen

Don Mussell dmsml@well.com
    Aloha O`e,
    I'm the person Paul is talking about. I live on the north shore of Kaua`i, and have my 10' Aeolus rowing dory in storage near Santa Cruz, and would love to ship it over somehow. I can be helpful as a local if needed (I live 7 miles from Hanalei), have a pickup truck than can be used for transport and towing, and have been a follower of the transpac races for years now.If there is a possibility of mutual aid, I'll all ears! I am in Santa Cruz this week as well. Mahalo Nui Loa! Don Mussell P.O. Box 983 Kilauea, Hi 96754 (808) 828-0209 home (831) 588-9463 cell

Matson will still ship over your empty trailer "for free" but I'm sure the expectation is that it will really be empty.

BTW, Pasha is charging this year for shipping over the empty trailers (and it's not cheap).

Don, take a look over on the Crate to Hawaii thread.

The idea is to ship a bunch of post race gear over in a crate built to fit it all.

Racer Dave Herrigal is organizing it.

Lucie Mewes
    Race Co-Chair

Hi Don -
    I'll send a PM to you as well.
    I am checking with Matson on their Definition on "Empty" vis-a-vis the trailer.
    I am planning to send mine, and could certainly use a handy tow hitch on the island.

DH

Hmmmm, does the rowing dinghy come with a trailer?