Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Boats From Kauai - Who is In ?

I am in.

I have just received quote from Matson:

ITEM EQUIP/PIECE KIND EQPT DIMENSIONS COMMODITY DESCRIPTION TARIFF DESCRIPTION
    ======== =========== ==== ==== ========================= ===================== ===================

5 1 21' 0L 9'11W 10' 0H LIBRA ON TRAILER- TRANS PAC CARGO, NOS

CHARGE RATE BASIS QUANTITY RATE AMOUNT
    ------ ---------- -------- ---------- -------------
    FRT MEASUREMENT TON 2083 $ 75.00 $ 3,905.63
    OCEAN FRT CHRG

TOTAL QUOTE AMOUNT: $3,905.63

I hope that my measurements are correct (I still don't have a trailer -- will pick it up tomorrow)

I understand that I will contact Larry Conklin by myself, but I will mention
    that I am in the SHTP group,
    so he will be able to schedule his work accordingly.

Thanks,
    Przemek
    S/V Libra

Can you share with me what date you will dropping your empty trailers to Matson Oakland terminal?
    I am in process of making an arrangements with friend with truck to have trailer delivered
    to Oakland, and maybe it will be somehow beneficial to have a group of people delivering
    their trailers at the same day/time?

Thanks,
    Przemek

I am dropping my trailer on the 12th as of Tuesday, when Matson called to request a shift to the earlier sailing date.
    NBD for me, as Domino is in the water.
    They (Matson) are picking up the extra storage time, as the change request was to accommodate them, FWIW.
    I doubt it will make a difference if there is a group or not... the terminal is run pretty much on a first come first served basis.

Quote Originally Posted by karwas View Post
    Can you share with me what date you will dropping your empty trailers to Matson Oakland terminal?
    I am in process of making an arrangements with friend with truck to have trailer delivered
    to Oakland, and maybe it will be somehow beneficial to have a group of people delivering
    their trailers at the same day/time?

Thanks,
    Przemek
    They also asked me if I could move the date forward but tough as Elise would then be in (stagnant) waters for two weeks before start so I will keep original ship date. I need to deliver trailer by June 26th. Friend is helping with towing

I used Citizenshipper last month for shipping in virginia and it was decent experience with them.
    I don't have to do much and my boat was safely shipped on its desired location timely.
    There are some basic things which you follow then shipping boat willn't be tough.

You could also give W2C a try in case you're still interested.