Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Sailing Tomorrow

The fiberglass strut off the back of the masthead is called a backstay flicker.
    You can find them on Melges 24s and the B-25 Akumu.

Fair winds Cliff!!
    Wishing You and Rainbow have a fantastic voyage!

Greg
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

T.E. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    The fiberglass strut off the back of the masthead is called a backstay flicker.
    You can find them on Melges 24s and the B-25 Akumu.

Fair winds Cliff!!
    Wishing You and Rainbow have a fantastic voyage!

Greg
    Thanks Greg!

Quote Originally Posted by dolfinbill View Post
    Hi Cliff,

All the best to you on your offshore adventure to the South Pacific on Rainbow. I would see you off under the Gate but it's kind of a long way from San Diego. I look forward to following your tracker. Fair winds.

DolfinBill
    Thanks Bill!

Fair winds and following seas!

Quote Originally Posted by jamottep View Post
    Fair winds and following seas!
    Thanks!

Hey Cliff! So glad I decided after months away to pop in here and see what's going on. My Pac Cup crew will heading to Berkeley Marine Center this Saturday at 10:30 to weigh Kynntana and then we are planning a fun sail. We'll head to the gate to see you off. I'll monitor 72 if you feel like checking in. Hope to see you off!!! Have a great sail and see you when you get back!

Cliff, you lift this "Sailing Tomorrow" thread to a whole 'nother level. Have a wonderful adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    Hey Cliff! So glad I decided after months away to pop in here and see what's going on. My Pac Cup crew will heading to Berkeley Marine Center this Saturday at 10:30 to weigh Kynntana and then we are planning a fun sail. We'll head to the gate to see you off. I'll monitor 72 if you feel like checking in. Hope to see you off!!! Have a great sail and see you when you get back!
    Thanks, I look forward to seeing you & Kynntana! Should hit the bridge about 1330.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Cliff, you lift this "Sailing Tomorrow" thread to a whole 'nother level. Have a wonderful adventure!
    Thanks Bob! Yeah, tomorrow!!! Can't believe I'm doing this, but the butterflies tell me it's so.

Cliff Shaw seems to be west of Baja. While Rainbow is not (ahem) a particularly fast catamaran, it seems to me that she is making good time. Not fast, not slow.

Name:  Screenshot of Cliff on Rainbow (2).png
Views: 400
Size:  724.3 KB

I sailed over to visit Cliff, see him off, last Friday. Leaving Emeryville later in the afternoon was a terrible mistake, though. The channel leading into and out of that Marina is narrow and I had to motorsail straight into the slot in 16 knots of breeze. Water just sloshed over DM's bow, drenching me. Then, when I reached the end of the two mile long channel I still had to beat up and around the remnants of the Berkeley pier. Very wet boat. Very wet me.

Name:  Cliff 041522.JPG
Views: 282
Size:  1.77 MB

Still, it was nice seeing Cliff off. He says he'll be back in October.
    Last edited by Philpott; 04-20-2022 at 02:40 PM.