Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailing Tomorrow

I always like setting Red Rock as a sail around goal. SDK

Back out today. Sailing north looked better again than sailing south. I went a bit farther than yesterday and rounded the Brothers.

Name:  Rags Mt Tam.JPG
Views: 657
Size:  3.11 MB

North of the Richmond-San Raquel bridge, I passed Scott Owens on SUMMERTIME DREAM. This is a normal scene for singlehanders - Scott popped up on deck shortly after:

Name:  SummDream 1.JPG
Views: 688
Size:  3.90 MBName:  SummDream 2.JPG
Views: 729
Size:  3.05 MB

And the Brothers Light Station:

Name:  IMG_0040.JPG
Views: 681
Size:  3.40 MB
    Last edited by BobJ; 02-04-2018 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Back out today. Sailing north looked better again than sailing south.
    And better than sailing in the Midwest :-)
    Message from my Fiasco crew in Wisconsin? 10 degrees and snowing. Great photos!

The East Brother Light Station is a neat place.
    Has a B&B thing going on during weekends.
    Fun to visit if you get the opportunity.

Always a fun mark.

I didn't race yesterday, as I sent in my PHRF application only three weeks ago and probably missed the Feb meeting. However, Greg and I went for a sail. It was Windy with an upper case "W", and Cold with an upper case "C". It was "spinnaker training day" for Greg so we actually set. It wasn't perfect but while I was directing him what to do with various lines I let the boat drift up a bit too much and we had a doozy of a round-up.

After we put everything away we left the jib rolled up and scooted back to Coyote Point under main, only. Boat needs a bath.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Hello, Have you ever tied up at this pier near the ferry building? I checked it out a few days ago and it looks good.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by skatzman
    Hello, Have you ever tied up at this pier near the ferry building? I checked it out a few days ago and it looks good.
    Yes. That's a terrific option. In the summer you have to either get there first or get lucky, and there is a lot of surge. A lot. Maybe when it stops raining you would like to sail Dianne over there? Dura Mater will meet you. Make room.

Yes, when the rains stop. DIANNE is going to do some Bay wandering. Pier 1 1/2 stop with lunch somewhere and an antique streetcar ride.

I plan to do more of this (and less racing). Please keep me posted.

Quote Originally Posted by skatzman View Post
    Jackie turned me onto this spot a few years ago when four of us singlehanders (and 4 boats) got booted off the docks next to The Reef Restaurant by SF Boatworks. I have since been numerous times (always found a spot). One time, I took my cousin from France and his family there. I also had an awesome evening with my son after an offshore sail. It was late and w were hungry so we went to this fantastic bar nearby called Hard Water that has great whiskey flights. It looks like I'm not racing much this year trying to get everything ready for the SHTP so you all be sure to let me know, too! I am jonesing for a sail....
    Last edited by Gamayun; 03-16-2018 at 07:57 PM.