Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailing Tomorrow

...and Sherwood Schwartz. Glad you're safe and we look forward to "the tale of your fateful trip."
    Last edited by BobJ; 09-30-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    ...and Sherwood Schwartz. Glad you're safe and we look forward to "the tale of your fateful trip."
    Excellent, gentlemen! I’m two beers down. Now I’m waiting for Mike Pyzel’s office to open. Hopefully I can sponge off his wifi. He doesn’t know I’m coming, so maybe a ruse? Am I looking for a surveyor for my potential Morgan 43, the one w the tub?

I wouldn't try that ruse if you're within earshot of DM. I was always careful about that with Rags.
    Last edited by BobJ; 09-30-2020 at 11:07 AM.

...waiting for the Pt. Concepcion tale with bated breath!

Beer. Hm... Now, that sounds like a good idea.
    Have you been using your Navik?
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

"Three Hour Tour"? Wasn't that Bob Denver and Gilligan'sIsland?

Keep up the fun! We like the stories.

Ants

Dura Mater and I were good at anchoring in the Delta ... where we were all alone. Anchoring in a small slash in the cliffs w seven other boats? A whole different kettle of fish. But here she is, in all her dignified grandeur: in Fry’s harbor, Santa Cruz Island.

Name:  Dura Mater straightened - Copy.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  360.6 KB

Despite what others may tell you, my sprint phone service did not extend outside 5 nm out, so here we are eating sushi at the Santa Barbara marina. Again.

A sail slug came undone so we’re trying a beefy zip tie. And a small but obviously important littebit on the windvane has come undone again, so there is that to consider before bedtime. More important than a shower, I think. Because really? It’s only us.

Here’s what we saw just outside Frys Harbor. Cool if I had a better dinghy.
    Back again

Name:  31C942F7-E9E5-4306-BBA3-B12626E6A898.jpeg
Views: 613
Size:  84.8 KB

to Santa Cruz island tomorrow
    Last edited by Philpott; 10-16-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Great fun following this. Excellent pictures and report. Hope to be up there in the next week or so, isolating in such anchorages.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Sailor View Post
    Great fun following this. Excellent pictures and report. Hope to be up there in the next week or so, isolating in such anchorages.
    Thanks, Lee! I saw a beautiful boat, just like yours, tucked into Ladys Harbor. All I know is that it must have an obedient reverse gear, because there seemed to be mere feet between its hull and the cliffs on either side. Looked like it was a comfy fit.

No wind? No problem. Dura Mater and I are motorsailing over to Angel Island tomorrow, tucking into a slip, shooing away the sea lions and then hiking. Leave those boat projects for another day, bring your leftover pumpkin pie and c'mon out!

No punkin' pie left but this is stirring some interest. Google says the hike to the top of Mt. Livermore is "strenuous." Is that what you were thinking? Schedule?

I finally got the new alternator re-installed and it seems to be fine. Balmar never said what caused it to go bonkers - hopefully it won't do that again.