Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailing Tomorrow

OK. I'll be there! Jackie, I plugged your coordinates (without converting) into Google maps to see what would come up, and it sent me to a bay on the north coast of the East China Sea. Ha. So now I'm looking forward to a nice diversion at The Ramp because a funny thing like just ruins my focus on work and stirs up my restlessly wandering soul....

I want to get back in time to clap appreciatively for the Farallones finishers, so I won't be going to the north coast of the East China Sea tomorrow. Unless there is a Chinese version of Bloomingdales there and we could buy something nice in silk? Google maps. Jeesh! What's up with that? I'll use my new Garmin gpsmap78 (my trusty gpsmap 76 died unexpectedly with all my waypoints in it!!!###) and hail you on the radio. Would any other intrepid sailors like to join us? How about you out of towners here for the Transpac? I hear it is cocktail hour all day long at the Ramp.

Bloomingdales? Silk? Come on guys, I'm going to need some backup. We're talking about tomorrow (Wednesday the 28th) and a late lunch.

BYOB or come along with me on Rags. I need to be back to RYC by 1630.
    Last edited by BobJ; 05-27-2014 at 03:59 PM.

I will try to get there. So the time is 1 30 ish ?

Brian

I plan to sail past the entrance to Clipper Cove around 1230-1245 so yes, that sounds about right. I'll motorsail if the wind is too light because I have to be back on time.

What a great day it was and a nice lunch with you all :-) Thanks for being the grand instigator, Jackie!

Yes, what a perfect day! Thanks for the great idea Jackie. If we're not careful, SSS could end up with a croozers contingent.

I got back to RYC with enough time to clean up the boat and still make it to the HS concert. John D (harbormaster) walked by and I told him what we'd done. He said something about not understanding why four people needed to be on four boats. Singlehanders . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    He said something about not understanding why four people needed to be on four boats. Singlehanders . . .
    Now that's funny.

Thinking back on it though, that is also probably what got us noticed and kicked off the docks at SF Boat Works...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    Now that's funny.

Thinking back on it though, that is also probably what got us noticed and kicked off the docks at SF Boat Works...
    I imagine some kind of horror @ our approach: Akin to the reaction by the Aztecs upon seeing Cortez landing.
    Last edited by Philpott; 06-02-2014 at 09:56 PM.

I agree Jackie. I sat at the dock for 15 minutes and the guys in the boat yard, who I could see, never said a word. Thanks for the plan. It was fun. A bit later I met up with Frolic near the Bay Bridge and we chased each other down to Hunters point and back to Alameda.