Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailing Tomorrow

Sailed to the Ferry Building and it was full. On a Friday! Another boat arrived about the same time, and there were four people aboard. They looked at me and I looked at them. We circled the entrance a few times: watched the surging, watched as a Hornblower preceded us. Then! A little power boat left the dock. The four people in the other sailboat looked at me. I looked at them. I hadn't eaten breakfast and was hungry. Oh, hell, I thought. There are four hungry people on that boat and their sails are already down. So I waved, unfurled my jib and turned around. Arrived home hungry and went out for Thai food at Soi Four on College. How about sailing tomorrow/ Wednesday? We could try the Bay View Boat Club. What do you think? Anybody else?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I would join in but my PLB, VHF, Foul weather gear - all of it, and another radio were stolen in Kauai. Oh, did I mention my car keys !

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    I would join in but my PLB, VHF, Foul weather gear - all of it, and another radio were stolen in Kauai. Oh, did I mention my car keys !
    Ah, that halcyon island! Drive up to Treasure Island and sail out with Kyntanna or to Berkeley and sail out with me. Since you will be broke after replacing all that equipment I will buy lunch. And you can wear my PLB in case you fall off Dura Mater and are lost for a bit. Too bad Bob Johnston is still on the water somewhere south of everyone else. That will be a good story, too. However, it is YOUR stories I look forward to hearing. btw no one answers at the Bay View Boat Club, so maybe somewhere else. Anybody else?

It's 2am and I'm still up from my return trip home. I have to push out a lot of work tomorrow since I've been a real slacker and enjoyed my vacation except for a couple of 5am conference calls.

So this week might have been a bit too ambitious for me. I'm probably going on a cruise-out to Corinthian with a few HMBYC friends this weekend. Wanna hang out with us?

BYOB. Sailing tomorrow - Thursday August 7. Does anyone else want to join me? I'm sailing out of Berkeley.

I'll be in Monterey on Thursday. What about next week? My new main sail goes up Tuesday! There's a French bistro called Le Garage in Sausalito that I'd like to try one of these days. The marina (?) has a guest dock we could use. They'll probably charge us though.

Sailing on Thursday out of Berkeley to lunch w/Cheryl who is not a sailor, but likes boats. If anyone is interested in meeting up with us, we are open to suggestions. BYOB [bring your own boat].

Sailing on Saturday Sept 20, BYOB. Considering destinations. Anybody else?

I'm in if I can't get the boom squared away for tomorrow's OYRA race (it's cracked at the vang attachment). But it won't get fixed if I don't get off the computer and get over there!

How about somewhere up the Estuary? Jack London Square? The restaurants are pricey but there's a Subway, a deli and most important, a Ben and Jerry's! Or the deli across the way at Marina Village?

Me thinks Jackie wants to give her new winches a spin.....food maybe secondary.

Consider one of these days spinnakering down the 880 to Capitola-By-The-Sea. You can moor in my driveway for free, or tie up to the anchor in the iceplant by the mailbox.

Bangkok West is nearby. So is Marianne's Ice Cream. After lunch we could sit in the cockpit, hoist WILDFLOWER's spinnaker, and watch heads turn.

When she is not rescuing sinking or adrift boats, the Berkeley Harbor Mistress has indicated interest. BobJ knows how to get here. Heck, it's most of his donated deck gear I'm using. Cracked boom? What's the story?
    Attached Images Attached Images