Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Room on a boat from July 16 to July 20?

Default Room on a boat from July 16 to July 20?

Hi

Elise needs to be readied to be shipped by July 16th and I will fly out on July 20 - wondering if anyone on the bigger boats that are sailing back a tad later have a room? I can sleep on deck too if need be...

I will ask for a camping permit for the night of July 19 as there is a campground near the Bay but only for weekends. If I get that, then night of July 19th will be taken care of.

Nat. Lightspeed is all yours if you want. I have rented a house for the family and would feel better if someone was on her at night while anchored. She comes with shower privileges at our house... R
    Last edited by Lightspeed; 06-05-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Nat,

There is a nice shower under the tree area where we will meet. My routine was to swim ashore with a change of clothes in a waterproof bag. Carry a bit of soap, and shower after the swim. Than walk into town in the morning rain for a touch of coffee. Great exercise. Ronnie bought a used surf board off the beach and paddled it ashore every morning. Be sure to place a very distinctive light on the boom of the boat you are staying on so when you swim out after dinner you don't swim past your floating room, it isn't much fun if you miss the boat. Also be sure the waterproof bag develops no holes, and keep the electronics in an additional dry bag, else you end up with a dead cell phone and camera. By the way, tiger sharks do most of their feeding at dawn and dusk.
    Last edited by brianb; 06-05-2014 at 10:47 PM.

that bit about the tiger sharks is kinda mean. poor brave nathalie, little sharkies nibbling on her toes.

I'll be helping the race committee and was planning on camping, but this sounds really cool, tiger sharks and all. Does anyone else need someone to watch their boat in Hanalei...?

Natalie, in 2012 I found another spot farther up the road that is on private land and quite a few tent inhabitants. It's a bit of a hippie commune, so it comes complete with interesting characters, as well. Just FYI in case you're game to try it out with me.

Carliane

haiku for you
    two little mermaids
    kicking fast to reach lightspeed
    twenty toes yum yum

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    haiku for you
    two little mermaids
    kicking fast to reach lightspeed
    twenty toes yum yum
    Are you guys serious about the sharks?????

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    I'll be helping the race committee and was planning on camping, but this sounds really cool, tiger sharks and all. Does anyone else need someone to watch their boat in Hanalei...?

Natalie, in 2012 I found another spot farther up the road that is on private land and quite a few tent inhabitants. It's a bit of a hippie commune, so it comes complete with interesting characters, as well. Just FYI in case you're game to try it out with me.

Carliane
    Oh thanks! it looks like the boat might be available for more than one person.

thanks. Max is loaning me his inflatable kayak, so I have a 'tender'

thanks a lot Rick!